1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It is time...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Aikanaro, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorcerers Place is changing
    I see it in the pixels
    I hear it in the chatroom (sorta)
    I feel it in the flames

Nicknames that should not have been forgotten, were lost (Mine is gonna be one of them)

And, well, I forget the rest of it, anyway, I'm having a nickchange. I'm sick to death of this one. Its too freakin' unoriginal! I'm not sure what it'll be yet but its going to be something in elvish. It seems to be a trend now to change your nickname, I'll just follow on...

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think you're right about the change. Has anyone noticed a very slight change in people's posts? We seem a little... glum at the moment.

3. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not only glum but SP is dying out!!!
    The most people on now are about 30-60 on BIS their are ussually 200-250 members on at the same time!!
    Also ussually it takes two seconds for someone to reply on a topic now it take at least 30 minutes before anyone will answer.

SP what has happened?
    Are you actually dying?
    Has another curse began?
    When will this curse end?
    When will we be freed?
    Will it take allot of time?
    A week a day a month a year?
    Oh dear SP have you been killed?
    Or have you actually fallen,
    in a silent sleep?

Paddy!
    (Yes, I am THE paladin master!)

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Err Paddy. Sorcerers is a completely independant site. I think it's the biggest Independant D&D site on the web. But, how can you expect it to compete with a completely company funded, official game developer's site?

[ September 10, 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Good grief, if something else doesn't kill SP, this lousy graveyard poetry definitely will. Traffic on the boards is diminishing somewhat, and this trend will probably continue, since now that Interplay switched to vBulletin (which is a monumental improvement over the crappy boards they had before) many people post there instead of on other fan boards, despite the fact that spam makes up 90% of posts on those boards.

Anyway, we never had nearly as many people online at the same time as the official Interplay boards. Good thing too, or we'd be crashing all the time like they do.

Anyway, changes are afoot for SP in the future. Wait for it...

6. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

But still.....
    Isnt there anything that can give poor ol SP even the slitest chance.
    SP thuogh is still allot better than any other site!

Paddy!
    (Yes, I'am THE paladin master!) :bigeyes:

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I'm with you all the way Tal through thick and thin...

Arn't you lucky... :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] All we must make sure of is that Tal doesn't end up in a finalcial crises. Then this place will be rolling just fine. right?

And keep giving Tal game material that no other site hosts. Just to add a little sorcerer's grace to the place.

[ September 10, 2002, 23:57: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I have an idea. Let's b****, moan, and complain. It's sure to bring a great new atmostphere to SP, and I'm sure It'll help Tal!

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Padeen what are you talking about? 30-60 people on the boards here simultaneously is a good thing. For the longest time it never went past 25 (i.e. last spring). SP has steady growth.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SP currently has one of the largest numbers of daily visitors in history... So it's not like people aren't coming, there's just more good (or at least vaguely ok) boards out there to post on than there were when we started ours.

Oh, and funny thing, there've been a whole of two or three donations not exceeding $25 in the last two months. Seems that the more people that leech off of SP, the less comes back in donations. :(

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

If only I could donate, I'd do anything to, I just can't (stupid parents)

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would have donated but I have no money right now because I needed to buy the books for school. Is there any other way I could donate? Since I live practically where you do it seems pointless to donate over pay-pall (on which I believe I can't anyway) or one of the shops. Could I not just post you money directly or something?

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Personally, compared to the past, i thought that the number of people attending the boards at any one time has risen ... i mean back in the past, we'd see maybe ... 10 peopleon at the same time. Now when i go on, it averages out at 30 - 40 ... big improvment me thinks.

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Hmm the lack of donations might be down to the average age getting lower...

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I'm unsure what did you ment by glum and dying. It's not so.

On the other hand, I must protest when you compare SP with other forums on the net, especially BIS boards.

First reason: Members on SP boards know that will be warned/moderated/removed instantly because of excessive "trolling" without reason.
    On other gaming forums such behavior is tolerated more than on SP. Do you want those people to come on SP? I don't.

Second reason: spam-o-rama is pretty much welcomed on every other gaming forum on the net except on SP boards. Find me some other gaming forum where mods won't tolerate such behavior.

Third reason: BIS boards, and Bioware, and SSI, and BattleNet, and etc get visited by people who made the games. Isn't it nice to see a reply to your question from the creator of your game of the year? Oh, not to mention official modmaking forums when documentation on modding utils is not sufficient and lacks of details where you can't expect any help from fans (although it actually sometimes does happen!).

Fourth reason: um, being a member on SP boards is something to be proud of, right? ;)

[ September 11, 2002, 17:19: Message edited by: Extremist ]

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  18. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh, forgot about that one :D . I'll send you some when I get it. I don't know how much I can spend though. I can share about $50 few times a year but I need the rest for school and internet.

[ September 11, 2002, 19:59: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Well I earn my right to use these forums as i work here, but i think i'll do a donation within this fortnight.

20. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I would donate, but as a poor college student, I'm barely eating. :p

I do buy my computer games and books through Sorcerer's Place, for whatever that's worth. :toofar:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.