1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jade Empire PC - need English dialogue file

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Jul 4, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Fortunately, my translated version doesn't include voices, so it's just the dialogues. Yuppee. Could someone please send me the dialogue file by e-mail?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Has someone sent this to you? I just got it.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I could re-install the game, send my a PM with your email and I'll see what I can do. I was fortunate enough to pick an original version had too many bad experience with localised version in the past :p .

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Would it actually work? You would be able to get all the lines in English? That's interesting.
    Still I'm not so fortunate, I have the French version and it's just not that great. I wish more dialogues were in Chinese.

5. chevalier

Media:
    Thanks! I've already got the file and it does work. However, I have the version in which only the dialog.tlk is translated, or so I think. The sounds are untouched.

Caradhras, if your French version is just translated text, you can do the same and have it in English. The file is 3 MB big, so it will go through some e-mail services.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    So, I don't have to re-install the game?

7. Caradhras

Media:
    Unless you want to play it I guess. ;)

Ok, there is a dialog.tlk file and a dialogf.tlk I would surmise that the f stands for French... So if I were to replace this file with an English .tlk file the text would be in English? Man that would be good.
    Would it work with other games? Jade Empire is certainly not the worse, I've been playing the awful NWN French translation for years... Problem is it wouldn't work since the file is certainly much bigger than 3MB. Well.

8. chevalier

Media:
    No, thank you. ;)

The "f" actually stands for the female character version. ;) It only exists in those language versions where there are genders. You don't need to do anything with the file if you play a male character and if you play a female one, then you just delete dialogf.tlk and problem solved. ;)

As for NWN, well, you can always pack the file into multiple archives and send them one by one, or upload it somewhere. But didn't they record the sounds in French, actually? If you just need the dialog.tlk file, I can surely upload it and give you the link, no problem.

9. Caradhras

Media:
    Ok, thanks for the explanations, it makes sense. As you can see I'm almost useless with computers. I just hate it when you have only one language I mean there is plenty of space on CDs and DVDs for multiple languages but some companies don't seem to bother at all.

Yes they did but the voicing is not as pervasive as the horrid translation. It is so "fake" not French at all. I've played some good modules in French (le Bâtard de Kosigan for instance link) but the OC and the extensions are just badly translated and it feels really contrived (the same goes for some feats and spells or even worse classes... yuck).

If you could upload the tlk for NWN that would be awfully nice and you would earn my eternal gratitude! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.