1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just a bit of snow then...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can barely see my car anymore. The snow is starting to come up over the windows of my flat. This is crazy! I've never such bad snow in this country.

How's the other English guys doing? I'll upload some piccies later.

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I heard you had a new national record: never before has it been such winterly weather this "early" in the year.

Last winter we had about 2 months of continues snow here in The Netherlands and this year they said it is going to be even worse. I guess it will be about the same for England. Really not looking forward to it :(

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just looked out the window and saw a guy trying to push a big transit van out of the snow outside my house. I went out to help and realised he'd nosedived off the speed bump there. It was covered to the point that you couldn't see it. The guy had hit it (slowly) at a bad angle and skidded to the kerb. It took four of us with shovels to dig him out and push him.

I know it's not as bad as places llike Canada and the Netherlands but when you aren't used to it, snow's a nightmare!

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    It's not even worth trying to drive where I am. Even in a 4x4. The snow is so deep, even on the roads, and it's still coming down. There's no cars on the road at all!

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I'm currently in the middle of Glasgow, so the roads are at least fairly clear (unlike the pavements). Heard it was worse with my parents up further north. Of course, being Scotland, it'll likely get worse than for our friends south of the border.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] No settled snow in Southampton yet. I'm dreading it! The weather is cold and damp, the heating in my flat eats up the electricity as well with very little effect. Some clever soul decided a window that takes up the majority of the outside wall would be nice and airy... If only it was Summer all year round :doh:

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    This is how deep it is at the entrance to my flat [​IMG]

My car IS under there.. honestly! [​IMG]

That's coming up past the window [​IMG]

Further down the road, helping my mate try to clear his drive. No cars even trying to move [​IMG]

This is a road! [​IMG]

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] No snowman yet? You disappoint me ;)

9. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Looks like you got a little light snow.

Meanwhile, in Finland, it's colder than ever during this time of the year. Dear god I'm freezing.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Grin and bear it, my friends! It'll toughen you up.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Where is global warming when you need it?

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Non-existent -- the problem is climate change, right?

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah. Where I come from, we call that a "light dusting of snow". Try getting 6 feet of snow in 10 hours, and then you'll know what a snow storm is.

:p

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's nuts - we had a bad winter last year - set a record even! Never has Baltimore got as much snow in one season as we did last year. The one snow storm totalled 4 feet, but it was in Feburary, not the first day of December. Very unusual so early.

15. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

It's not nearly as bad here, which hasn't stopped everything grinding to a halt. I'm not that badly hit, as my route to work is nearly all on major roads. Though one portion of the trip this morning that should take 5 minutes took 45 with the build up of traffic.

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As far as I'm concerned, we never had a single snow flake fall over here... ever! Too much of something sure is bad but nothing of something can be envious.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No snow here! Ever.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'm moving to NZ. I can get a bubble & squeak, real ales on pump and traditional pub dinners over there, right?

19. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn, I can't believe how many times I've had to shovel out my driveway just to be able to get my car out without the risk of getting stuck in the drift. *groan*

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Really? I mean, obviously not at this time of year, but ever?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.