1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kewl games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Intentioner of the Damned, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I picked up some oldish games - 3 games for £10. I got Kingpin, Sacrifice and Thief2.

Thief2 i got as i've been playing thief1 for a couple of years and had to get it eventually.

Kingpin, i just find immensly difficult, even on easiest difficulty. I have done the first bit where you trade an object for a pistol but from this point i'm really stuck as everyone can kill me really quickly. Any tips?

But Sacrifice, i haven't been able to put down since i got it. It's kind of like populous but you play the shamen/wizard in 3rd person and point and click your followers. Anyone else played it and thinks it is as amazing as i do?

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I have Kingpin, but i never took the time to get a grip on the gameplay of this game. So you think it's worth to give it another try ?

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I just got Thief2 on dvd today.

But I ain't got a computer that can run it right now. I was soooooo looking forward to getting back to Thief1 and 2.

That "Return to the Cathedral" mission totally rocks hardcore. I only played through it once (cheating like everything), but I need to go back and play through it again.

For anyone who's not played that mission, it's worth loading up Thief1 just to play that one. It's like THE toughest mission in Thief1, but it's so cool that it makes up for it.

Thief == suspense!

Oh, and I just bought the Thing dvd today, too. I'm totally watching it this comming weekend.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

I didnt find the cathedral level massively hard (although only played on normal difficulty). Made sure i bought a load of mines at the beginning, perched up high on one of the wooden beams in the upper level of the cathedral (where i couldnt be seen or got to) and lugged mines down at the skeleton guards and the ghosts. Then once my exit was clear i got the talisman.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I am loading Thief2 as I type this.

I thought I bought the dvd version. It's the two cd version. Not like it affects my paygrade, or anything, but it would have been the only game I have on dvd. :)

Anyways, everyone has their own favorite missions from the Thief series. The lost city is absolutely involving. Return to the Cathedral is too. Assassins is lots of fun.

You know, on the Expert difficulty, they always put in the "don't kill anyone". I find it much, much harder to KILL everyone, without setting off the alarm.

They should have made that the superhard difficultly. Kill everyone without raising the alarm.

Seriously. There are points where you have to knock someone out, then throw them in water, else they scream when they die and the alarm goes off.

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

I suppose i should really finish thief 1 before i start thief 2. I got to the bit after you take the talisman and give it to the guy, who turns out wierd and they rip your eye out. The lavel following that (the escape i think) was just rubbish. I hate those stupid alien creatures. So i didnt bother and havent played that level since.

Even the Can Of Worms walkthrough (www.canofworms.com - the best walkthroughs i have seen for thief games) didnt help.

7. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

What is the gameplay for the two thief games? What format is the game in?

8. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] It's a first person shooter style, except if you treat it as a "Shooter" you'll be toasted in a second. Toe-to-toe combat is a no. Use a sword for annoying creatures, blackjack to knock out guards (sneak up behind them) and bow and arrow for other stuff (water arrows, rope arrows etc) more like a tool than a weapon.

Normally have to steal a certain amount of stuff per level and do two or more main objectives.

Definitely worth a go if you like strategy and have a certain amount of patience.

9. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have Sacrifice.
    Quite fun but a bit complicated I think.
    Used to watch my uncle play through it.
    I don't really like it but hey...

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I have thief1, and its not cooperating with my PC, and i just recently got thief2.

But thats not cooperating either, it's stopped playing the videos at the begging of each mission, anyone know why? It used too, but it stopped one day. :(

Frosty
    (I don't think my PC's like me.)
    :eek: *wails*

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] What, there are videos at the start of the missions on thief 2. I know there are on thief 1 but not seen any of the on 2.

So, maybe mine isnt co-operating properly either.

12. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Thief 1 and 2 rocked. I easily prefered the second one though, as there wasn't an enemy which you could kill (unless it was on a higher difficulty of course)

Zombies suck, would it be too difficult to just cut their limbs off and stop them from chasing you around instead of holy-watering them or blowing them up.

At least the Metal beasts could be dispatched rather easily from the right vantage point, and with a well aimed water arrow.

Thief three should be the ultimate sneak-em-up, when it finally comes out. They are gonna have to do something really stupid to mess it up.

13. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sacrifice is a great game. I had the exact opposite thing happen to me -- I was given the game when it first came out, but was unable to play it for years until I got a better computer. When I finally did play it, this summer, I was blown away. A ton of fun. It's like a fun version of Black & White, where you control the unique creature serving the gods who are unable to interfere much, instead of the other way around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.