1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kill Bill 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A thread to share your thoughts on the sequel, starting with mine.

Overall, I really enjoyed this film.

Has its definite high points. For example:

- The cruel, yet comical tutelage of the bride by the shao-lin master.

- Hoar, Faerun's god of vengeance and poetic justice, could not have crafted a better fate for Ellie Driver. The fight leading up to it is of course fantastic.

On the other hand, the ending was a little disappointing and anti-climactic.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I really enjoyed it as well.

I was quite surprised by the shortness of the final fight - it ended exactly in the manner that I figured it would but I was expecting there to be quite a lot more swordplay leading up to it. That being said, I actually liked the ending the way it is.

If anything I think the thing that surprised me the most was Budd. I was expecting him to be rather boring and anticpated him being a quick throw-away kill before the Bride moved on to Elle and Bill. However, by the time Budd died I was wishing that we could have seen more of him.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hopefully I'm seeing it tomorrow. Fingers crossed...I'll let you know what I think when I get back.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really enjoyed it too and together with volume 1 it makes up a truly enjoyable movie experience. However the dude I went to see it with didnt enjoy it at all and thought it outright sucked and we usually have similar taste in movies. There were some scenes which were a bit too long and some I found to be a bit short but on the whole as I said the two Kill Bill's make up one very worthwhile movie experience.

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I saw the first one last night and, I must confess, I think it was the worst movie this side of the century. (Slight exageration, but still.)

I didn't realize that every time someone got an appendage severed, 2 gallons of blood spewed out like a broken fire hydrant.

Other than that, it was cool. I liked the anime sequence of Oren Ishii (?).

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] The movie was really cool, but it was to bad the ending was so predictabel. But then again if it ended in any other way that would have sucked... At the end of the movie I thought, for a second, that the Bride would get shot in the "morning after" part. Thank Lilith I was wrong on that one :) .

I have only one question about the movie: Why was the name of the bride bleeped (?) away in the first movie and the beginning of the last, and then suddenly revealed when they thought she was dead? It didn't make sence or am I missing something?

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I haven't seen either of the movies. Frankly, the ads haven't impressed me one bit. I was just wondering how many movies there are going to be. Maybe I'll watch them once they are released on DVD. :rolling:

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] So Nowbody can aswer my question? I really want to know!

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Ummm... probably because it's a really odd movie and Quintin Terentino (sp?) was probably hammered through the whole thing.

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Quentin Tarantino is a genius. Why was the name censored? It gives a sense of mystery to the identity of the bride. It sort of keeps the viewer detatched from her, because they aren't on that intimate level with the character. It casuses them to appreciate her cause, and in some ways agree with it, but it does not emphasise the idea of her being the vengenful hero.

The movies were great. It has to be said. The manipulation of the movies into the chapters, the introduction of the different sets and plot lines all tied together by the one character is amazing. Groovy one liners, awesome plot development, and the ability to tie so many genres into a single movie is very commendable. No other director could successfully make a movie that shares charcteristics with Noir, Kung Fu, Spaghetti Westerns, Anime and ACtion movies. Gotta love the mans work.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I saw the first part this week and I was NOT impressed. Summarized: She gets a sword and kills a hundred. *yawn* No interesting story at all, just this 'dish best served cold'.
    I'm not that eager to see the second part, since I was very disappointed.

Good thing Uma Thurman also appeared in Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, which I also watched this week and made me feel better.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Loved it. It was like Saturday Morning "Kung FU Theatre" all over again...It's always nice to feel 11 every once in a while...

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, I finally saw it last night and I can definitely say I wasn't disappointed at all. Though it would have been good to see it end as Bill himself suggested, it was still a satisfying end to The Bride's 'rampage'. And it was also good to se QT/Rodriguez staples such as Michael Parks and Sam L in it as well. Acording to the local cinema's website there's a double-play of Kill Bill coming up in a month or so, so I may try to get there for that.

All in all - :thumb: :thumb:

14. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I agree with Baezlebub, really nice film-making all around, very clever editing, sound, and cinematography, and great pop-culture references. I especially liked the return of Qui Chang Cain as Bill: absolutely classic. I only wonder what rock he had to look under to find David Carradine...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.