1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kingdom of Heaven

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Newfie, May 21, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

This movie had real potential but I think Bloom just couldn't carry it off. Just like Gladiator, I found Ridley Scott's films have no heart and play like a documentary rather than an epic like Braveheart. There are a few great scenes though, like the arrival of Jerusalem's army to meet Saladin on the field of battle and the siege of Jerusalem. That was the greatest mass battle scene I have seen in an epic film yet. Amazing!

[ May 21, 2005, 19:36: Message edited by: Newfie ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This sort of movie has worn itself out - I don't think I have any urge to ever see another one.

It wasn't that Bloom couldn't carry it off - it's just that I've seen it all done before.

(And did anyone mention the extra 'o' that got added to Saladin's name halfway through the movie?)

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mostly eyecandy with a somewhat good story. It wasn't as good as Gladiator was.

The book was better :p (The Arn books written by Jan Guillou. Swedish.)

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The movie isnt based on Guillou's Arn books, just takes place at the same time and more or less the same place. The main character in Kingdom of Heaven does appear in the Arn books but he is some sort of historical figure.

I have heard decent things about this movie, I like mastodont movies and my favourite reviewer gave it a good enough rating.

5. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes, I know that. But it was still better :p

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I saw this movie today and thought it was pretty boring. The beginning seemed a bit rushed, like they were desperate to get Bloom into the story. Also, the big battles that make such movies great were weak in my opinion. There were some nice shots, but they didn't even finish some battles properly. This movie is really nothing compared to Gladiator.

7. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's good or at least a decent movie. All these movies that have jumped on the LotR bandwagon have sucked. It's sad because I really like the medieval/fantasy setting and there is som much potential to make great movies about King Arthur and Alexander, with modern technology. I actuallt saw Alexander yesterday and it was horrible. The only good thing about the movie was that it inspired me to play Macedonia in the "Rise of Rome" scenario in Civ III: Conquests. ;)

8. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have not seen it, but the problem is these directors fail to have a good knowledge of the history, in regards to the movie they are creating, thus it becomes overblown rubbish.

Saving Private Ryan anyone?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.