1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Last Week's Poll Results

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Dec 18, 2000.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

What we requested:

Q: We need you to help us out by picking a name you think would be the most appropriate for our upcoming chatroom. The winning entry gets to stay permanently as the official name of our chatroom, so choose wisely!
    (404 votes total)

Friendly Arm Inn (99) 25%
    Smoldering Corpse Bar (63) 16%
    Burning Wizard Inn (57) 14%
    The Copper Coronet (55) 14%
    Elfsong Tavern (43) 11%
    Other (Suggested answers) (35) 9%
    Den of Seven Vales (20) 5%
    Snowdrift Inn (18) 4%
    Winter's Cradle Tavern (10) 2%
    The Marketplace (4) 1%

I must say I was quite surprised with the turnout of this poll. Although it ran for about 20 more hours than usual (thank a certain lightning bolt who found my modem so attractive it decided to pay it a close visit), the number if results it got is still quite high, especially because I set the security on it as high as it goes to prevent cheating. (I.e. you could only vote for one choice in the whole week).

It seems that the name most people liked most is Friendly Arm Inn (from BG1) which is now also the official name of our chatroom. A square 25% of people voted for it.
    Smoldering Corpse Bar (from PS:T) came in second with about 16% of votes.
    Burning Wizard Inn (from BG1), a personal favorite of mine (and Syl's), received almost 15% of votes, a bit of a disappointment since it was in the lead for a while.
    The Copper Coronet (from BG2) was also popular with only two votes less than Burning Wizard Inn.
    Next in line is the Elfsong Tavern on the 5th place with 11% of votes.

There were a total of 9% of votes for Other (that is, suggested names). We could see quite a few cool names among them so I'll list some of them here in case you missed them:

Burning Sorcerer (-ed. ouch, hehe)
    Sorcerous/Sorcerer's Sundries
    Three Liches Inn
    Elven Arse Inn (-ed. BG1 joke here)
    Night Shade Inn
    The Inn of the Last Home
    Indigo Sun
    Inn of the Last Word
    Mage Guild
    The Half Uttered Oath
    The Leaky Tankard
    Red Dragon Inn
    Sorcerer's Surprising Saloon (-ed. LOL)
    The Wizard's Vault/Sorcerer's Sanctum
    The Halls of Rivendale
    Icewind's Ales
    The remaining 4 entries all received less than 5% of votes each. It seems that Icewind Dale taverns weren't all that popular.

Thanks again to everyone for giving us so many great alternatives, even though I picked FAI in the end. I was quite tempted to choose one on the wizard/sorcerer theme to stay in line with the rest of the site, as one voter suggested we should. But hey, who says sorcerers can't go to the Friendly Arm Inn anyway? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.