1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Last Week's Poll Results

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Feb 7, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

What we asked:

Q: Which of the Infinity Engine games has the best musical score in your opinion?
    (360 votes total)

Icewind Dale (140) 39%
    Baldur's Gate 2 (115) 32%
    Planescape: Torment (88) 24%
    Baldur's Gate (17) 5%

It comes as no big surprise that Icewind Dale's musical score rocked the poll with almost 40% of all votes. IWD's soundtrack hasn't won so many awards without good reason, for its music is truly excellent.

The second place is much more surprising however. Baldur's Gate 2 is close behind with 32% of votes. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that its music wasn't good, but most of it just didn't do anything for me.
    Planescape: Torment should definitely appear in this place, but since a much smaller part of the visitors to Sorcerer's Place have also played Torment, I'm quite sure it missed this spot only because its fan base here is much smaller than the one of BG2.

In third place is (obviously) Planescape: Torment's music, to me the best of the bunch. So filled with emotions, sometimes sadness and grief, that is pulls you into the game and really makes you feel that you are in Nameless One's skin. It is a real shame that an official soundtrack of it was never produced.

Last place belongs to the original Baldur's Gate, which for most people happened a long time ago, and not everyone played it either. Therein I suppose lies the reason for the low percentage of votes it received, since the musical score was quite good.

This poll also produced quite a big amount of fan comments, so I'm posting a few here:

- It's a tough call between Planescape and Icewind, but the battle music in Icewind is just too good!
    - IWD's score is awesome! You get the impression you're in the frozen wastes right from the beginning!
    - There's nothing better than BG2 romance musics!
    - P:T had the best score by far... especially in the Fortress in the Negative Material Plane
    - The song played when you meet Annah (Planescape: Torment) is the best I have heard in any game ever
    - The music in BG2 is o.k. but Torment has the best music by far. The most memorable song though is the theme song from BG, it has been 2 years since I played the game and yet it stays in my head

- Latest Poll
    - Previous Polls

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.