1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Last Week's Poll Results

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, May 26, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

What we asked:

Q: If you could have a romance with any of the NPCs that can join you in Baldur's Gate 2, which one would you pick?
    (827 votes total)

Viconia (205) 25%
    Imoen (202) 24%
    Aerie (130) 16%
    Jaheira (85) 10%
    Nalia (81) 10%
    Mazzy (35) 4%

Haer'Dalis (21) 3%
    Valygar (14) 2%
    Minsc (11) 1%
    Yoshimo (9) 1%
    Edwin (8) 1%
    Jan (7) 1%
    Keldorn (6) 1%
    Cernd (6) 1%
    Anomen (4) 0%
    Korgan (3) 0%

I had this feeling that some people would start an uproar over this poll, but I never imagined it would last for so long...
    The problem is, some people who voted don't really know enough about the game so as soon as they saw Imoen on the list they started calling everyone who voted for her sick and so on. Well, they show their ignorance as soon as they call Imoen sister, when she is in fact only your half-sister.
    Anyway, a couple of days after this poll was set up, a topic about it was opened on our message boards, so go check that out if you want to hear all the pros and cons regarding it.

The fact remains that most people would love to be able to have a romance with Imoen, which is perfectly understandable, what with all you've been through together. Remember, we don't actually learn about Imoen's heritage till Spellhold...

While Viconia is the winner of the poll, only a few minutes before I changed polls, Imoen was still in the lead, so I'll call it a tie.

The third most popular female was Aerie, with a little over 15% of people voting for her. Jaheira fares only marginally better than Nalia (both gained 10% of votes), which is quite surprising. It looks like in the end, Jaheira doesn't come out any better than she did in the original Baldur's Gate.

As I suspected, the halfling paladin-wannabe Mazzy got the least votes, only 4%.

As far as men are concerned, it is quite obvious that a overwhelming majority of women absolutely hated Anomen, who is the only romance option for women in the game. Only Korgan fared worse, and only by one vote. Obviously Bioware should have hired a woman to pick a more suitable romance partner.

The absolute winner among men is Haer'Dalis, as I suspected. Follower-ups are Valygar, Minsc, Yoshimo, Edwin, Jan, Keldorn and Cernd.

- Current Poll
    - Previous Polls

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.