1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Let's get technical for a sec

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Elios, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I played BGII with the expansion pack and Icewind Dale on a computer that did not meet the min. requirements for the game. Aside from slightly longer loading times and the occasional jump in sound it worked fine. I was wondering if anyone has done this with Ice Wind Dale II? And if so, what problems has anyone experienced?
    I know, most of you are going to just tell me to upgrade my computer, those plans are in the near future.

2. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You can do it. You just have to configure it correctly and turn off all resource-consuming options in the configuration, like static animations, turn off tile precache, etc, etc...

3. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Does turning all that stuff off do anything noticable to the graphics or sounds? Its not fun when the graphics look like something from the old Atari or Intelelvision games. Which by the way, I still have the old intelevision and it still works. Kinda fun once in awhile!

4. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

aaah,if you don't want it to look like the old atari games or the old intelevision games then upgrade your computer.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You won't notice any difference in graphics. All the backgrounds are static images anyway, and everything else is 2D animations.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Elios:

I'm currently playing around on this game with a P2-266 laptop. It's got a 2meg video card.

You'll need to drop your updates down to at least 26. 22 if you are going to turn on the ambients. Footsteps will make the game quite nearly unplayable in the large battles. Obviously, I turn off spell effects.

On a side note, you can build your own system (w/o monitor) for under $150 dollars...

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Get this -- it works on my comp! Laughs histerically. If it can work on my hunk o' junk than surely it can work on yours. Only the opening movie was choppy as all get out, gameplay has been fine though.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I managed to get BG II to run on a P166 with 64 megs of ram. It ran fine, but the area load times ranged from 2-5 minutes :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.