1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

locked topics!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by herf, Jan 13, 2001.

1. herf Guest

[​IMG] all right, as i looked down the page i saw there were seven locked topics!!!
    there are two things that could be causing this problem-
    1.we could be getting more rowdy!
    2.taluntain is getting grumpier by the day!

i leave it up to you to decide.

(taluntain-please dont ban me!)

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think its a mixture of both...the rowdy bit has been on-off throughout, so i guess it means tal has been losing patience at a rapid pace... :confused:

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Really, Sniper, maybe you should lay off on your girl-friend posts and how much you hate this guy. I'm what you consider a 'greebo' though I'm not familiar with the term and I don't think I lose out to any of the 'jocks' in school or society physically or mentally. Yes, we're hated and detested in Singapore and maybe everywhere, but we have the right to live our own lives. Believe me when I say you would have a hard fight if you wanted to exterminate 'greebos' and met me. No boasting, but I'm a Badass in a fight. Have more respect. Sorcerer had to be pretty pissed upon reading those topics....

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I didn't know greebos existed in Singapore. I never saw them there plus most of the music people heard was pop. Anyway, here's a question, do you like the PAP?

5. Shura Gems: 25/31

No I don't. They're bloody tyrants ruling in the name of democracy.

6. hooligan_inc Guest

I can sense another lock coming on...

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I reckon its more of a dictatorship than anything else. Well, sought of...Except that there seem to be 2 leaders...Goh Chok Tong and Lee Quan Yu...

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

Ok ok..enough of this... let others post before Sorcerer locks this topic.
    I'll start another topic after I've gotten some sleep.

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I give full support to #2. Throw bitter in there too!

Syl...

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Dissention in the ranks! LOL!

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Yeah back to the topic. Why do you think there has been a sudden increase in the number of locked topics? And er...which topics are locked at the mo?

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually, you can attribute the amount of locked topics to the fact that some people are being so offended by them that they e-mailed me to do something about them. I got 3 e-mails about it in the last 48 hours.

And I sure as hell aren't going to stand around and watch as I lose some of our most precious members because of stupid posts and immature language.

That should answer your growing curiosity.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hear, hear! :)

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I agree as well, though i do know that i am among one of the Offenders.

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just ban the offenders. You lose nothing by doing so except for silly posts and their evil cousins posting right after them.

Syl...

16. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Why are topics locked?!? Come on. Sorcerer, I admit, can be grumpy at times(sorry Tal, no offense), but I can only assume you are questioning the locking of a couple of recent topics. Firstly, the two most recect of the locked topics should not have been posted to begin with. I never needed to hear such idiocity. Like I said before, myself, as well as everyone else here, are dumber solely for haveing read such posts. Now the bunny rabbit topic was stupid to say the least, but soemwhat harmless. But people were posting for someone to kill it, and if I remember right you were asking for it's closing, Herf. And to be honest it needed to die. You never know who you are offending. I'm no greebo(I will assume it is based on looks, not on musical tastes), but I like some of the bands mentioned. I don't care if some people don't like them. That's natural, I don't mind in the least. Everyone has their tastes. But regardless whoever posted those last two really needs to get their act together.

Oh, and I just read that Yellow Feeling topic. Is there any need to question why that one was closed the way if was going. Way to defensive Herf. The explatives closed it down. And I still have no idea what you were talking about.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited January 14, 2001).]

17. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Heck yah, I'd back you up in a fight Shura. There aren't a whole lot of people I trust to fight by their side, but for some reason you seem like you'd do your part.

^a late post.. scroll up

18. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] You know, all this could be avoided if the rules were made more prominent or clearer!

19. herf Guest

[​IMG] 1.no flmaing
    2.no pissing of of any of the administartors
    3.no remarks that could be seen as very offensive
    4.very few swear words
    5no bad attitudes

i think that about covers it!

20. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Nevermind, I have taken the liberty to post this first:

Personally, I think this section should be written in point form, and offenders directed to peruse this again.

Things will be more orderly, and there will be less ambiguity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.