1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lol, GeForce 7600GT vs GS DDR3

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by chevalier, Jan 17, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Load this:

http://www.gph.benchmark.pl/

Then on the one side select GeForce 7600GS DDR3 (not the DDR2 version), on the other 7600GT. Does anything ring a bell already?

So change the clock of the GS to that of the GT. Just CPU clock. Noticed anything special yet? :shake:

I mean, it's normal and all, but has it ever been so obvious as this one? :D

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    While I can't read a single word on that page, I see your meaning...I think.

I don't really know why they bother with pictures of the boards...unless they are all from the same manufacturer. Hell, even then pictures don’t mean much. My point is, the pictures don't mean much, unless they are the reference design, made by ATI or nVidia...but nVidia doesn't make boards. :bad: :rolling:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nah, I meant the fact that everything looks like the same on the numbers side. Like when you increase the graphical processor speed on the DDR3 version of 7600GS, it's the exact same as on the GT. It might just be a weaker GT processor, or perhaps worse cooling - whatever. But it looks like one's better off getting a great cooling system and overclocking the GS than getting GT and trying to overclock it... because what if both processors have the same death point?

But the DDR2 version of GS is like a previous generation card. GF7300GT DDR3 is better than that.

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Chev, don't you mean GDDR3? Because DDR3 isn't even out yet.

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Its assumed if your talking exclusively about graphics cards.
    unless the price of the great cooling system pushes the price of the package towards that of the GT, in which case, it's probably better to try and OC the GT with the expectation of increased product life.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.