1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lord of the Rings Spoof

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Lazy Bonzo, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] This is for my English Lang/Lit Coursework in which we have to do a piece of creative writing for a reading audience and for a listening audience (there are other stipulations which I won't go into).

The premise for this piece (which is a radio script) revolves around overly obessive fans (aka Lotr 'geeks' and 'nerds') having a meeting as the characters. I am not posting it because of some of the content (You have been warned, if you are offended by jokes about films then you may be offended by this).

There is a commentary for the piece which explains it rather more precisely than this. The commentary is with the piece.

Anyone who wishes to read this then contact me (reply/PM/email) with an email adress and I'll send it along.

Feedback welcome.

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Its good, very funny, although there are one or two grammar errors, but they can be sited out though alot of proof reading. But apart from that i cant think of anything esle that needs changed.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

There's been some image of homosexuality between Frodo and Sam in the leading slovenian games magazine. Many people protested and even went so far to cancel their subscription to the magazine, cursing them, eventhough they've been reading it for a long time before. I imagine they'd get a heart attack if they saw any of the many parodies on the net. MTV one is great!
    I really cant understand why people get so mad if someone makes a parody on LOTR or whatever their "bible" is. Is it really that holy that no one is allowed to make fun of it?
    Inquisition was made because of people like that. (not the only reason but i reckon its one of the first ones)

Send it my way too please. :)

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Wouldn't mind taking a glance at it. E-mail it my way as well.

-Edit-

Quiet good. Funny even. I enjoyed most of it, like the play on words with 'precious' and 'pretzel'. The part that threw me was the whole Elrond/Boromir character; I didn't really get it, even after I read the commentary.

Other then that, 4 and pretzels out of 5. Good job.

[ March 20, 2004, 07:45: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Tehehe, it's good! :D

Though i doubt i understood half of it, i still had a good laugh :lol:

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Thanks for all the feedback :thumb:

An Explanation of Elrond/Boromir.

Elrond is played by Hugo Weaving, who played Agent Smith (in the matrix trilogy - 'the good, the bad, and the WTF?!?'). Agent Smith (Matrix Reloaded onwards) had the power to 'SCHUUUCK' his hand into people and create clones of himself.

Boromir is set up for the big death scene at the end of Fotr. In this scene Aragorn stoops low over him and kisses him:

The Elrond/Boromir character is a mix of the two.
    'Does my arse look big in this elf?' refers to the stereotpye comment of a women, or an effeminite (camp) person, tries on new clothes. In this case the word elf is replacing the word dress (or other buttock covering item) since Boromir has been absorbed and now appears an Elrond Clone.

'E - No you look great. Just like me.
    EB - Oh. (Sarcastically) Greeeeat!' This refers to when Agent Smith straightens one of his clones ties, and they share an 'i'm suave and evil, and so are you' smile.

After this point EB reverts back to a more 'Boromir -istic' role, before finally leaving the meeting with Legolas.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.