1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost all my items.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Svyatoslav, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I was in the middle of a battle in the chapter 6, and my characters got into it really in the brink of death. I decided then to strike major casualities in the enemies before fleeing to rest.
    When I decided I could not do much more - haste spell expired - I started to flee, but one of my characters died in the escape. I fastly ressurected her - human fighter/thief - and then moved to the prior scenario to sleep.
    For instinctive reflexes I pressed Q, which suddenly sounded as a bad idea, as it passed my mind maybe her whole inventory would disappear in the room left behind. After all, there was the Auto Saving file, so why bother?
    My worst predictions came as true. When I got back to the battle-filled room, there was nothing left, except for a book, which is unalienable to your party.
    What pissed me the most, is that I realised at once that I could indeed had picked up all her fallen items with the game paused, as I did before in Baldurs Gate!
    Just picture all the rare and powerful items which can be lost at the 6th and last chapter of the game... I am living in the indulgence that I will get many superior stuff when I get to Heart of the Winter though - hopefully!

2. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I made that same mistake, but fortunate for me i made a savegame at the right spot, so i could just go back a few steps, and try again ;)

I am sure you will find many new usefull items, so don't worry :D

3. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

That's too bad man... I'd recommend you to load your last save before that battle and do it all over again... You don't want to start under-equipped in HoF...!

(it's not my favourite, but you could reclaim your lost items by creating them in cheat mode... a list of codes will certainly be available here on SP)

4. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Another option, should it happen again, is to re-import your character. If you've been exporting regularly, you shouldn't lose too much.

5. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

My closest save file was at the lich! No way I will do all this again.
    Anyway, I already found good new equipment. I guess I will do fine in Heart of the Winter.
    I thought about using cheats to re create them, but the only equipment I remember having is the long sword which gives you a 2 AC bonus.
    I never exported my characters.
    PS: Is there some kind of saving file after I beat the game to play HoW, or is it like Baldurs Gate: Sword of the Coast, in which you need to explore it during the main game?

6. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Your Characters will be exported after the battle, like in BG. You can also find a way to Lonelywood in Kuldahar.

7. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

I could not find the badge of that guy who killed his own father - J something I guess - so I started the HoW anyway. Since I am at the final moments of the original, I do not think it will make much difference -difficulty wise.
    I did find a bit hard though. I hate that undead wailing attack.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.