1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

LOTR movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wingfoot, Jul 27, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

to any LOTR fan....... there are 30 'secrects' about the upcoming movie on the msn home page. i here that Arwen is going to have a much bigger role in the movie than in the trilogy and im intrested to see how it will work out.

2. Thorgal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks ;)
    If anybody's interested in finding out more, msn "borrowed" that article from a site called Force of Hobbit (http://www.eonline.com/Features/Specials/Lordrings/trivia.html), which offers more in-depth coverage of this soon to be epic movie. BTW Sorcerers place will have 2 brand new sections up soon. One for the LOTR movie, complete with all important links and news, as well as one for the new Dungeons & Dragons movie!!
    Stay tuned.....

Thorgal Aegirsson

3. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] should have know msn swipped it, a co-worker sent me an email to tell me about it. i'll check out that site you mentioned, and a D&D movie, didn't know about that. Thanks, cant wait to check out both movies.

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm a definite fan of all the movies, and I love all of Tolkein's work. My question is, have you read the books???

5. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] yes all of them, and numerous times, including the Silmarillion ,and even a few that his son Christopher wrote.

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

His son is awesome, but J.R.R. was the best.

7. Wingfoot Guest

ABSOLUTLY, J.R.R. is still the best.

8. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I have to admit I have never played D&D and never read a fantasy novel, unless you count an extract from Jeffry Archer's biogrophy in a magazine.

[This message has been edited by hooligan_inc (edited July 30, 2000).]

9. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Let's just hope that the new movie is better than the cartoon crap they tried before.

10. Wingfoot Guest

dont get me started, that cartoon was THE worst movie i have ever seen. and you got it right, it is CRAP!

11. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I can only remember little bits of the cartoon, but didn't it combine animation AND live acting?
    And it's not the WORST film ever. The worst film ever is total recall.

12. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] yes it did combine live acting w/ animation which was kind of cool, but they butchered the story. if i remember correctly that is why the 2nd part was never made.

i guess you got me there. total recall did suck, except for sharron stone of course.

13. Thorgal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, you guys can check out the trailer that's out on the internet at http://www.dndmovie.com/downloads.html
    The rumor is the french distributor goofed and leaked the trailer to the net.... The French film magazine Premiere has been asked to take it down so get it while you can...
    It's not the official trailer so it's kinda quick, and not the best quality but judge it for yourselves

Lets hope it is better than the cartoon !! I mean they are working with millions of dollars here(The cast is also pretty good with Jeremy Irons, Thora Birch, Robert Miano among others). I really want this movie to do good, it would translate into fantasy RPG's especially D&D being more mainstream, but the truth is I am a little sceptical, and think the LOTR flick(s) show more promise.

BTW The Official D&D site ranks top 20 visited sites in the world, or so they say ;)
    Only time will tell if they are successful...

14. Wingfoot Guest

its was pretty quick, but it looks like it might be good.

15. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

The cartoons had good voice acting, but LOTR combined real people with cartoons! What kind of bull sh** idea was that?!

16. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I do remember how bad the cartoon was. I don't think the new movies will be that bad. The stuff on their website looks real good. I think their are putting a lot of effort into getting it right. But no matter how good of a job they do I think most real LOTR fans will be a little disappointed. There is no movie that can compare with the readers imagination. But I'll still wait in line to see them.

17. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] My thoughts exactly. I just hope that they stay close to the books and don't Hollywoodize the whole thing. By no means is Total Recall the worst movie ever, I've seen plenty that were much, much worse than it. What can be wrong with a movie that features Arnie and women with three tits?

18. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

[​IMG] I never liked Total Recall, and the new sequel is twice as bad, but they're both certainly not the worst movie ever. If you want a bad movie, check out any Pokemon or anime japanese movie.

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Um, why didn't you guys just go to lordoftherings.net? You can get the trailer there. From what I saw, it should be decent, but it will be impossible to get it exactly right. I'll still see it though.

20. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hey mr. Egg, don't be dissin japanese anime. It's obviously too inteligent for the likes of you. My personal favorite is Agent Akira.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.