1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Magic The Card Game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Gormenghast, May 24, 2001.

1. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Do any of yous play Magic the card game, i was wondering how much the cards are?
    :confused:

2. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i haven't played in years, not since Wizards started bastardising it commercially and especially not since they introduced the pokemon card game

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I prefer Middle Earth... as a great Tolkien-fan, that says me something.

The cards are 3 dollar for a pack of 10or15 card (don't exactly, long time aga I played it)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited May 24, 2001).]

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I was in the game for about a year and a half but have quit buying new cards for over a year. It was fun but after awhile the fun wasn't outweighing the costs. I liked the art a lot. Gameplay was fun at times. An ok game but it can get expenisve, like most CCG's. Of course now they have it as computer games. But I haven't tried those.

5. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

I've seen cards cost anywhere from 2.98 - 3.75 depends on the store and the set. Some of the old sets are extremely expensive .. and the newest set always seems to be a little bit more than the previous set (until the next set comes out a month or two later :) A booster pack somes in 15 cards a pack, 12 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 rare (correct me if I'm wrong.. it maybe 3 uncommons)

I play Magic except recently I have all of a sudden lost the urge to buy cards. The last cards I bought was like two packs of Invasion. Now when I look at cards they all look similar (except for the art, I agree it whoops ass) because about everything has been done. To remedy this they thought coming out with seventh edition finally would be a good idea. But to sum things up seventh edition looks like fourth edition .. it's uncanny! Everything they banned because they thought it was unfair is now rereleased as legal.. commercially.. er coincidentally :) The bastards. I won't ever buy another pack again.

If you're looking for a fun simplistic WarHammer-sort-of-style customable game, I would recommend MageKnight. Everything is located on the base of the miniature and easy to understand. At first, I thought it'd be crap, but I said, "what the heck" and tried it out. I think it's pretty cool, I'd buy some more (if money somehow rained upon my lap).

Positives: Anyone can play, the instructions are an easy 11 page predictable read (after reading the first three pages, you'll be climated to understand the rest of the rules almost without even reading them). The replay value is excellent, although long term play may cause mental exhaustion for it can involve a lot of strategy. My suggestion -crack open a bag of funyuns and bottle or two of orange crush.. go watch a movie, come back for another intense game of MageKnight.

Negatives: They are plastic. Over the course of time, some of the miniatures may need to be reglued to the base (by using basic super glue which you can get almost anywhere). For those who are into painting miniatures, as I am, you can buy peuter ones but they are nearly three times more expensive than a regular one.

6. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31

mageknight looks friggin cool, i've seen it quite some time ago but i'm short of cash and man it is expensive. i would still buy it but the assholes are selling it in random packs....RANDOM PACKS!!! how the fuck am i going to build an army i want!!?? like a necromancy army, if i keep getting elves!!??

7. Nightal Gems: 7/31

I've played magic for about 4 years, I really enjoyed it, but when wizards came with al those new series (Starting with Portals) I soon after quit, I have some really good cards, like Demonic tutor and icy, I should sell them.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hehe... do you know what a box of Arabian Nights cost????

9. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Arkados, yeah that was my same concern at first, but I believe there is a booster back for Necro. It may be harder to find unless you go to the big comic stores. I know even where I'm at.. I think I've only seen them once. Then again it was after a long days work, so I might've been hallucinating.

Headbanger, I try and remember to check on the price next time I'm at Mayhem, which will probably be tomorrow. I guess the new set for MageKnight set is out called "Lancers", it's pretty sweet I hear. They added in new bigger creatures such as mechanical dragon flies, jousters, knights mounted on horses and whatnot (that require a double base in order to even fit).

10. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Sweet, my car won't work..
    It died and left me stranded. No worries I hitch hiked a ride to the mall which was only 35 some miles away. Me and my cat just chilled for awhile there until my friend got off work, so he could take me home. I got the car towed last night, they checked it out today.. sounds like my car is completely fux0red. It's going to cost 3000 dollars to fix, but there's a slight possibility it's something else which will cost 500 bucks. Bah only paid 2000 for the car itself, I'll probably end up trashing it, sucks to be me.

Headbanger, I'll check on the prices whenever I figure out what's up with my car, either that or whenever I can find a ride. Gawd, it sucks to be me.

11. Avooch Dar Guest

I used to play with cards but that was for warhammer. What are these wizard card things?

Vandalare you might get in big poop for that double.

12. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

First off, I really did think Magic was dead and burried a long time ago! :D

Avooch, what cardgame for Warhammer was it, that you have been playing?

13. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Sorry, I didn't even know that I doubled.
    I can't say that I've seen a card game for Warhammer before. Then again, I haven't ever really followed Warhammer that closely.

14. Avooch Dar Guest

No i meant i had SORT of played cards. Because you get magic cards for your mage and stuff and i wondered if it was like that.
    You know you get given cards and then you upturn one according to your dice roll....or something like that geez its been a long time..........

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.