1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marlon Brando, Dead at 80

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jul 2, 2004.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Goodbye, Godfather. Marlon Brando died today at age 80, cause of death undisclosed. An amazing, but eccentric, actor. I, for one, will miss him.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Yeah, I just saw it on the news. Really quite sad. It said he died in debt and living off social security.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's sad, and he'll be missed. I really wish he'd gotten some help early on. People say he was just eccentric, but I don't agree. Jack Nicholsen, wearing sunglasses constantly, is eccentric. Marlon Brando was nuts, and insanity ran him into the ground. Thankfully, it didn't destroy his legacy. He's remembered far more for his art than for his behavior, which is nice. I wish I could say the same for a friend of his.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Brando was an amazing actor, he showed us tubbies that you can be succesful despite being fat. :)

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

At least he'll be remembered forever by the godfather's at christenings doing impressions of him as if they were the first to think of it ;) (I hope I don't offend anyone with this.).

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know why, but I had been under the (obviously mistaken) belief that he had died some time ago. Shows how much attention I pay to this sort of thing.

Anyway, Brando was indeed a fine actor. It's unfortunate how things went for him in the last few years.

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

He will truly be missed, one of the greatest actors of all time. And as pointed out earlier his life was full of tragedies with his son convicted of murder and his daughter committing suicide and he himself "metally unstable". Farewell Marlon, and may your art live on forever.

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, he sure was the biggest. :D (Sorry, couldn't hold back that one.)

While he was a great actor in his hightime, his last movies were rather weak. And with his airs he drove his co-actors and the regisseurs mad. Not very professional if you ask me.

[ July 04, 2004, 13:20: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Splunge! How could you have thought that Brando was dead?

Anyway, sure he was a bit dodgy in his later years but forget that (we're all probably going to go downhill when we get old). Brando was pure class and probably most of us haven't seen all his really great stuff which was from the 1950s - 1970s (i.e. long before most SPers were born).

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Another great actor has passed away...pitty.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.