1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Max Payne 2!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shura, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yargh!
    The game is out! (Or soon to be out!)
    Rest assured I'll be buying this game even if I will not be able to eat for the next few weeks!

In the meantime, let's hear the thoughts of all those that have already got Max Payne 2!

2. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'll swim to the US just to get a bloody copy!

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Probably the same crud as no:1 was. Nice style, what with the bullet-time and all (especially the Kung-Fu mod), but unfortunately it was far too linear for replayability, and worse, contained the worst feature imaginable in any FPS game. That is, the realistic looks and feeling, with completely unrealistic 'rules'. I would never buy a 'realistic' game where increased difficulty = the enemy can take 2 headshots from a shotgun from point-blank range with no armor on, and survive. That feature alone took 3 points out of the 9 (in a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best) I would've otherwise given it.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31

I got it! Yes! Now I just have to install it and start playing!

But that will have to wait until I've finished with a school essay first...

Not to mention that the purchase of this game has left me bereft of lunch money for the next two months...

5. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I envy you! It won't show up over here until the 24th of this month. (yes, I know it's not THAT long, but still...) I want that game soooo bad.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have three computers in the house, and all of them except my laptop are on the fritz!

7. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Beat it! Awesome game, though a bit too short. Very cool storyline, although much of it is cheesy and cliched. The coolness and stylishness factors outweighs the banality, though.

Dual Desert Eagles, a bad attitude, an unhealthy disregard for the lives of others and a ton of assorted bad guys.

Need I say more?

(The guns felt cold in my hands; the smell of gunpowder clung everywhere, a stench so strong that it was almost visible from the corner of my eye, like an insidious serpent waiting for me to turn my head.)

-I love overusing silly metaphors!

*Runs off to play again*

8. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Hey Shura, remember that:

"nothing is cliche when it happends to yourself!" -Max Payne

Oh well, it'll be here the 29th. Can't wait to have some bullet time action again...

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I've heard it's just more of the same, with some bugs fixed, and a little different bullet-time. Kind of like Max Payne 2: Terror from the Deep, or something. Personally, I always liked the auto-shotgun on Fallout; tap Tap TAP! Does Max Payne2 pull gibbs now? Or what?

10. Arath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hmm, The graphics are probably the best I have seen, though its sad that it only takes 7 hours of intensive play to go through(didnt do that myself though)

11. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Ahaha haha haha (Insert more manical laughter!)

Finally got it. Already through part one. Even if this is going to be a short game, it's going to be worth every dime. It's been long since a game has sucked me so much in as this have. Max Payne has what so many games lack; a compelling storyline that just makes you go on and on. And the new bullet time just work better than in the first game, as you no longer has to consider if it is worth using or not.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Does any one else think that Max Payne sounds like a reporter or a writer rather than a bobby (Police-man). He seems far to poetic for your average police fella ;) (No offence meant toward police folk).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.