1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mislead Fun!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] I just got an extra ability for another 6th level spell slot for my dual class assassin/mage, so I decide to try out the spell "Mislead". What is so awsome about it(at least for thief/mages) is that it makes you invisible until your image is destroyed. Even after you attack, you're still invisible. So basically you can backstab as many times as you like until your image is destroyed! So just hide your image somewhere else and keep backstabbing like crazy! This is finishing every encounter for me easily, expept ones where mages can cast "True Sight", but you can still backstab them multiple times before they can cast it, so unless there are multiple mages, you won't have any problems.

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now that is realy sneaky! but that fits the roll as an assassin.:D It is not cheating but I wont feel comfy with it.
    Now is there a way to affect True Sight?

BtW: Nice job finding it out!

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 16, 2002).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Maybe you can cast micast magic or something like that so True Sight fails? Great finding... I wil luse it in my thief only party I think..

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

True sight can only be tricked by the cloak of non detection(Waukeen's promenade, Den of Seven Whales; loot from Sorcerous Amon's corpse). True sight normally dispels non detection. The non detection this cloak grants to the wearer cannot be dispelled by any means so the user cannot be detected..Ha..ha:grin:.

Good backstabbing!

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Heh, I could also just cast the spell, it's level 2 I think. I think I'll make a spell trigger of mislead, non-dection, and something else, I haven't thought of it yet.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Non-Detection is 3rd level so you could pute it in a trigger, but still it would be affected by true sight....non-detection is affected by it, except (if Tin-Man is correct) by the cloak. And if your wearing the cloak, you wouldnt need the spell and have an other option for your trigger.

So let's hope the bug about the cloak is correct, meaning the cloak is not affected by Tue Sight! :D

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

Wait...actually I think true sight does dispell it. At least it unhid me from the shadows when Ribald cast it.

I sold the cloak a long time ago, so once I get back to Athkatla I'll check it out.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 16, 2002).]

8. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Lord Sarevok, have you ever cast improve invisibility on your assassin/mage?? You can attack with improv invis and remain invis until they dispell it with invis purge or truesight. Maybe give that a goe, and see if you can still backstab phenomenonally.

9. Lord Sarevok Guest

No....

See, when you attack with that spell in effect, you become visible to the enemy, and a you don't recieve a backstab modifer after your first attack. Even if you did, it would be impossible to get behind them when they are attacking you. With Mislead, they NEVER see you unless:

1. They kill your image, which is impossible for them to do if it's in another room, safely tucked away.

2. They cast true sight or some other illusion dispeller.

So that means you're free to backstab them as many times as you'd like without reprecussion. Actually you could pretty much do any damn thing you want, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Backstabbing just ends it quicker :).

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 21, 2002).]

10. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    But do you still have to hide in shadows?
    (This is probably a stupid question...:) )

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nope, invisibility is the same thing as hidden in shadows as far as backstabbing goes. I have never really thought about mislead in that way. I haev always used is as final resort if things are going bad to get away. But now I can use it offensive :D

12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Oh! Ok..!
    I always thought I had to use the stealth ability for backstabbing some opponent....

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I get the feeling a lot of M/T combo solo charecters will be played for fun following this!

I know I'm gonna take one through at some stage just to try this out! :D

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] To keep your Mislead safe you cast Spell Immunity and choose Divination.
    I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here!

15. Lord Sarevok Guest

Oh yeah! But really not much lasts long enough to pull off true sight. If they even try they get a flame arrow in the arse :).

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I tried mislead yesterday when I wiped out the ithillid lair in Atkathla .... I was able to cast cloudkill unseen (wide ahead of my party) while my image was standing safly near my party .... great .... except for the short duration - boots of speed and chaotic commands are so wonderful once you're seen ;)

17. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mislead is indeed a great spell. Try to load a Spell Trigger with it, Improved Haste, and Invisibility 10' Radius... That is a wicked combination! :evil:

I used Mislead all the time in my Darth Gnomer game, often in combination with Improved Haste. Very good for a solo fighter/illusionist. Only problem is that some enemies see you anyway...

18. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Cloudkill works vs illthids????

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh yes ... and very well ... :evil: :D

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ragusa I'm not sure about that.
    Then again, I don't recall using Cloudkill, but Death Fog...
    Hmmmm, my SoA is not in operable shape, can anyone check this independently?

I mean, use console to create one or two Illithids and scrolls to test. Commands:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("MINDFL01") - for Mind Flayer
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("MINDUL01") - Ulitharid
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL2E") - for Cloudkill scroll
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL7R") - for Death Fog scroll

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited January 19, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.