1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing Eugenia/Orik Dialogue?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Neverworlder, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I know the patch fixed some of this, but I had already passed these points by the time I installed the patch, so...
    A) What were Mother Eugenia's last words? This was a blank bubble when I went through it, but the patch was supposed to add her last words back in.
    B) What is the wizard's reply (Orik?) when you give him the book on mithals? Again, this was a blank bubble or something before the patch.
    C) This one I screwed up on my own - no patch needed: In the very first mission to the orc camp near Easthaven, I came to a room with some orcs and an ogre; I think it was the last room in this particular mission. My party was weak and wounded, so I ran like a gaggle of bloody Girl Scouts back to Easthaven to rest and come back to kill the ogre the next day. But when I arrived back at Easthaven and spoke to the guy who sent me on the mission to begin with, he acted like I had finished the mission and solved the mystery - but I never did. The plot then began to move forward to Kuldahar, so I never went back to finish off the ogre and find what I was supposed to find. So what WAS I supposed to find? That's been bugging me ever since.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1) I know for myself, she basically thanked me for saving her from the foul and evil priests, talked about the Trolls and then where I could find the rest of the villagers from Kuldahar that went missing. Finally she followed through with a "I'll be sticking around here, I kind of like it down in these depths" speeches and that I could use her for healing purposes. Little did I know it was for that level and level only for she vanishes as soon as you exit that particular level. Returning to Kuldahar, even the resident priests don't recognize that I saved her and later did I learn it was a bug of sorts, while other rumors point to an Add On.

2) Never got it. I got the bug when he attempted to give me the item so I just pick pocketed him and continued on with the game. No doubt the typical "Gee, I'm more powerful than you but still couldn't figure out where the book could lay, even though it was about The Severed Hand, and gee, wouldn't that be the very first location an ever so powerful mage would look? Did you see the shop? The designers created an old, runic type of feel when you walked inside, even had a Kobold helping him who was obviously so petrified of this old powerful mage, that he didn't even attempt to escape through the unlocked front door! Orrick has been to more places than you'd think and here they had you running an errand for him. But then again, wasn't it because he was too busy? :)

3) You found what you were supposed to have found, which was the caravan notice; that Ogre was just a punching bag.

Sylvus

3. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] For some reason the patch worked for me and when I gave Orrick (spelling?) the mythal book he gave me a magical cloak. Sorry I can't tell you what it does, I can't really remember but I can tell you that I ended up keeping the cloak I had already bought from him instead and just sold the one he gave me.

4. driberdy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have saved Eugenia and went back to town, but they seem to think that she was still captured. I have been able to go back to her over and over again, but to no avail. Does anyone have a clue on what to do.

5. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Driberdy, the town is supposed to think she was never found - it's not a glitch. Mother Eugenia, who will hang out for a while and provide healing to you, will soon disappear without a trace and you will never see her again, and the town will never know she was found. The rumor is that the fate of Mother Eugenia, and the contents of the locked house in Kuldahar, will be the basis of a mission pack or add-on to the game. Her whereabouts are supposed to be a mystery. (Either that or the designers screwed up and are now covering their asses with this oh-we-meant-to-do-that story).

But there's a point when you talk to her, and it may be right after you rescue her (I don't recall), where she says something to you. Before the patch, this was a blank bubble error. I just wanted to know what she said, if it was anything interesting or important. Same for the wizard and the book and the note in the orc camp near Easthaven - I never read them, and don't know how important their contents were.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.