1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monastery -- Chamber 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Spellbound, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Have been in this chamber for many hours....the monks keep coming. Can someone help?

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hmmmmmm.

Guess I haven't quite gotten there yet. I'm in the glacier/temple.

Heck, just how long *IS* chapter 2?

:eek: :eek:

3. Spellbound

No... this is Chapter 4, Chamber 2 of the Monastery.. :D I'm having a hell of a time.. :bang:

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm confused. Isn't chamber two the chamber of shadows? With the six doors you have to go through?

Can you tell me exactly what test you are doing? ie what happens when you are in the room or what it looks like?

5. Spellbound

Yea...it's the chamber of shadows, with fires at each entrance. If I attempt to enter the first door on the left (the 1st of the upper doors on the screen) it teleports me to the second door on the left, with no harm done. The second door then sends out a shadow monk, but the third door on the left teleports me to the third door on the right. I have no clue what the pattern is here....

[ September 21, 2002, 01:43: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

I think I got lucky because I walked through it in seconds. I am pretty sure you just need to go through the four corner doors. Start at the upper right like you said, then lower right, then upper left, lower left.

I didn't really 'solve' the pattern. I just went through the doors in order. In door one, came out door 2, in door 3, etc. I was kind of surprised when it ended in like 10 seconds.

Hope that helped somehow. :D

edit: err, I went clockwise and it rereading your post, I think you went counterclockwise. Not sure it matters or not.

[ September 21, 2002, 01:52: Message edited by: Vormaerin ]

7. Spellbound

I'll try that....as far as direction goes... if I'm standing at the entrance facing the room...I went through the first door on my left and on around...which would be clockwise. But I didn't realize that we're teleported THROUGH the next door...I thought that we were positioned AT the next door, signaling that's the one to go through. Regardless, going to try the corners now. Thanks!

That didn't work either... went clockwise and then counter clockwise.... damn!

[ September 21, 2002, 02:14: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Well, I *assumed* I came out the next door. All I know is that I went through the door on the right side of the screen nearest the entrance, then appeared in front of the middle door. I skipped the door I was at and went to the next door (far right corner). Whatever door I came out of I skipped. To be honest, I can't remember what door that was. Either upper left or middle left. Which ever one I came out of, I went through the other, if you follow that. :) If you appear in front of the upper left door, go through the middle left door. Or vice versa.

Either way, you should finish that way, because that's all I did.

Btw, the next chamber is the most difficult. After 3 it gets easier. I would strongly recommend a good combat character with either solid Hide skill or Evasion ability if you have one. A monk, ranger, or fighter/thief.

[ September 21, 2002, 02:21: Message edited by: Vormaerin ]

9. Spellbound

Thanks very much....I'll try this again. I'm so eager to get to #3. :D

Finally...done with #2 AND #3! Sent my rogue in...would run up and do a couple of stabs then run and hide..did this over and over. Took awhile, but he eventually got them. And it worked the first time through! :D

[ September 21, 2002, 04:22: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

10. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Congratulations!

That is the exact strategy I used on chamber 3, but it took me a *long* time to figure it out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.