1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More games on SP?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Aikanaro, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Seeing that a very good deal of the people on SP are PnP players, why do we not play together very much? There are (I believe) only two active games going on at the moment. We should, IMO, form more groups, it surely wouldn't be so hard. Even for those who couldn't make it to the chatroom or had time problems, there could be forum only games.

So, tell me, why are there not more games here? And why don't we start more up?

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, if I weren't in two IRC campaigns (based from another forum) already, I'd certainly want to play with some of the people here. However since I already play 3 nights a week, I won't be adding any more to that :p

All that's needed for some of us to play together is for someone to step up and take the DM's seat. Once that's done, players will come ;)

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I would love to play in a 3e campaign, just tell me the time and level of my character and it will be sent in ASAPFM.

Oh yeah, not that bloody 3.5e, I loathe it more than Aikanaro loathes D&D. Gnomish bards, phew!!

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The problem (for me) is that no one wants to play what I want to DM. And there are no games (even of that loathesome D&D ;) ) that are joinable.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, if you want to join a (loathsome ;) ) DnD game even if none starts here, there's a new one starting on that other forum I'm on. If you want, I can send you the link.

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Sure thing, send me the link and I'm on it.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am also kinda looking somewhat for a game. It would be nice if it was Euro based due to timezones and such.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Ya, if it is in New Zealand or California, I will have a hard time joining due to my school and other activities.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I would prefer to game with the people at SP, people I vaguely know already.

Also, it would be nice to play in something other than fantasy for a change. Maybe a space opera or cyberpunk - the joy of universal systems. :grin:

But at the moment, I think I'd join anything.

10. Register Gems: 29/31

Aik, if you can start one game up in 3e, and I'll join, as the other game Faragorn mentioned was 3.5. If not, I can join almost any game, as long as it is 3e, as that is the only ruleset I have books on.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The difference between 3.0 and 3.5 is nothing big at all, most of it is just corrections and improvements. From what I can see so is 3.5 a lot more balanced. They could have waited with it for a whole new 4.0 or something.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'll happily join up any game which
    (a) is 3E or something which I don't need loads of books for, as 3E is all I have.
    and (b) a time that I can play.

That is if someone is going to start one up *looks around at different people*

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

How about a system which is not D&D, seeing that these versions seem to be irritating people.
    You know what I'd suggest :grin: (length is about 100 A4 PDF pages), or we could find a simple (free) rules lite system, and adapt it to however we want.

What say?

14. Register Gems: 29/31

Well, it hafta be a very good and easy-to-learn for me to use it, I am a very strict D&D-er, but if ya find something good, speak up, and I will play.

But another thing for me to join, I only play Fantasy, usually I play CyberPunk as well as Sci-Fi, but I have gotten pretty tired of it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.