1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most Underated Computer Game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Jschild, May 15, 2003.

1. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What do you think was a really great computer game that never sold well? My picks are as follows.

1. Planescape Torment
    2. System Shock 1 and 2
    3. Dues Ex

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

IIRC, Battlezone I was one of those. Good game, but sold poorly for some reason. Bundling it didnĀ“t help... Another one is Dungeon Keeper II, which got smacked down in the game magazines.

3. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Heroes of Might and Magic II. I haven't heard of anybody else that played this game, but i was hooked on the Demo! THE DEMO!!!

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@corbulo87 - Well, it was my favorite HoMM game and I know lots of people who share my thought.

Anyway, I must say:

Planescape Torment and The Longest Journey. I have yet to see someone who have heard or even tried that game.. sigh.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jagged Alliance
    Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
    Jagged Alliance 2
    Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Buissness

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nox. It's the poor man's Diablo. :thumb: Funner, too.

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

PST and the Jagged Alliance series. I couldn't agree more.

8. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I agree with HoMM2 - I have never played a demo more than that one although for some reason i never got the game.

Little Big Adventure 1 & 2 - absolutely awesome but i hardly no anyone who owned it.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Anachronox.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nox is a fun game, when you get used to the gameplay. I's a nice, simple game for MP as well.
    Since I didn't play much games, this is the only one that came to mind.

For PS2 it's probably BG:Dark Alliance. I sold it to some of my friends and they love it, even they are unfamiliar with D&D.
    Oh Sorry! You only asked for PC games, right?

Edit: Heh, Death Rabbit, seems we have an other thing in common.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.