1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Muse

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

SO what do you think of these guys from Devon then? They won the Best British Band award at the Kerrang awards and seem to be one of the biggest bands in Europe. But what do you think? Do you think they are really as good as people say they are and the award suggests? Or do you think they are a whole load of crap that produces noise?

In my opinion, i'd say that Muse are a really good band and deserve the regonition that they have aquired. I mean after all, i don't recall any other band sounding like them! SO what are your views on Muse?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

They get better and better.. I saw them live, this year, on Lowlands. Their new album is great, some other songs are also great. They can make great hardrock (like Plug it in Baby) but also great slowrock songs (Unintended)

3. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh god I hate Muse.

As far as the Kerrang awards go it was an absolute shambles, totally fixed, as if people would vote for OPM as best song, and Papa Roach - Last Resort as best video? My ass! Anyone with at least half a brain cell knows that Korn - Freak on a Leash was best video.

Anyway back to Muse.

They squeal too much in their songs and it reminds me of Radiohead, which makes me want to go and kill myself. Or somone else.

4. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think they're pretty good. I like them, but here is another band that if you like muse i suggest you hear, Harvey Danger, they have a very witty and intelligent, ironic pop/punk/trip-hop kind of music, it is very difficult to quite explain, but it is the kind of music that makes you feel elated and euphoric just after listening, and at the same time, you feel a strong sense of agonizing ironic sound, as if they are really feeling what they're singing, it is really very good.

5. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Let me just say.......Go Devon....Go Devon!! :D

Me being a Devon lad myself (ooh ah it's ambrosia and all that crap) i am all too well accquainted with the great gods of Muse!!
    Buy their album origin of symetry! It is great and newborn is just incredible.

6. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i didn't like them before, but when i heard the new release Bliss, i borrowed my friends album and its really grown on me (the music, not the album).

so, erm, yea.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So , now that that is established how long realisticly do you expect them to stay together?

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

They don't stop soon.... I think they don't let themselve blind by success that some solo singers have.... like many others did...

I hope they will go on with making great songs for some time.

Ah Gash, I agree, Papa Roach sucked, the video was sooooo easy and sooo bad. Indeed, Freak on Leash was very good, at least much better then the one Papa Roach, who also fake music... They became famous because they covered a guitar-sample of Iron Maiden.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited September 10, 2001).]

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Muse split! haha! never!

BTW Papa Roach is just a Limp Bizkit clone and Limp Bizkit is just a Linkin Park clone.
    Oh dear what a tangled web we weave

10. [​IMG] Devon Devon your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind.
    Sorry guys but Devon really is best :)
    As for muse, i havent heard somthing so original ever since i composed that little number above.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.