1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Half-Orc can't level as Barbarian??

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Balzac, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Balzac Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I made a Half-Orc warrior thinking to do 4 levels for fighter for the 3 stars in Great swords then switching over to Barbarian, but when I had 4 levels in Fighter and next level I tried to do Barbarian, I can't do it. It isn't highlighted. Something I do wrong?

My half-orc started with stats of: Strength 20, Dex 18, con 18, int 1, wisdom 16, cha 1. Something not meet a barbarian requirement?

2. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's most likely an alignment restriction. Barbarians cannot be a lawful alignment.

3. Balzac Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ugggghhhh why did i do lawful evil for him. *sigh* Thanks, guess no way around this

4. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31

That's rough. I played the same exact character (of the proper alignment of course) and she rocked.

I suppose you could change that character's alignment using Dale Keeper 2. I haven't used it though, so I'm not 100% sure if that'll work. Plus from what I can see, Dale Keeper 2 is still in it's beta phase. Anyway you can grab it through the link below if you wish to test it out. At your own risk of course.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_editors1.php

[ December 27, 2002, 04:33: Message edited by: Thorongil ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I used it DK2 because I accidentally selected the wrong feats for my wizard at the start of the game. My game has been going smoothly without a hitch so far.

I can't see alignment change as being a problem.

6. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

I had some problems with characters too...
    If you wanna change your character, I just check my recordscreen to see how much XP he has, say 10034 for example
    Then delete the char, creating a lvl 1 char in the party (the new character you want corrected), now use the console and type:
    ctrlaltdelete:setcurrentxp(10034)

Now you got the character right back where you want it with the corrections made

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Anyway single class fighter *is* fine, okay no rage, but a lot more feat. Same BAB same SAVING same Weap Profiencies, he'll be fine.

8. Gaius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A single class Fighter is just fine, but Barbarian levels are advantageous. More hit points, rage, Uncanny Dodges.. Good stuff, really. That said, I found myself taking more Fighter levels for my Fighter/Barbarian than Barbarian as the character needed the feats.

9. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

By doing so, how can a character MC?

10. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Not...
    If you're multiclassing you must level him up multiple times...if you gain 10 levels in one time, you can only put all of them in one class.
    So this isn't for multiclassing.

But you knew this, sorry :) , otherwise you wouldn't asked the question...

11. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Actually, yes I did... Anyway, thanks for the reply :)
    BTW, have you read your topic about Battle Squares? You had asked how to fight squares with whole party and the answer is now there. Sorry for the delay... :D

12. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

I just read it...
    Thanks buddy, gonna try it soon

13. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Your welcome, happy to hear that my knowledge has something to do with others. BTW, happy new year all...

14. Rekiller Gems: 5/31

Happy new year for you too, and thanks for the ctrlaltdelete:setcurrentxp

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.