1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My new site is almost up!!!! I'm searching for ideas!!! Anyone have any???!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jul 29, 2000.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I am making a site with FAQs for over 500 games!!!!! Info on over 300 upcoming games will be available aswell!!!!! The site is dedicated to the Forgotten Realms!!!!! I will also have forums for posting anything, expect boards on my top 25 favorite available games and 25 soon to be released games!!!! I'll have downloads available which I have designed myself, along with portraits, custom characters & items, and an area for those of you who register to have a special forum available to only the first 300 applicants!!! Any Ideas or comments is what I'm searching for!!!!!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Could you PLEASE stop with multiple exclamation marks or ?s in your posts Fat Egg?
    My head starts to hurt every time I read anything you write. We can all see your posts quite well without them. They don't add anything to the effect or quality of what you write, they just make you seem immature and childish.
    I could set the boards to limit the number you can use to one, but since you're the only one that (ab)uses that I might as well ask you first before I do it.
    Just a thought.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 29, 2000).]

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Sorry, I'll cut down, do you have any ideas on my site though??? I'm interested because you run this really good site, so, have any?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure.
    Devote a lot of time to it, be inventive, and most importantly, don't steal stuff from other sites.
    It happened to me a few times and I still loathe the sites that did it.

P.S. Is it just my imagination or did you use three question marks again? :p

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

6. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

500 games eh? That seems a little hard to handle.

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

about 450 of the FAQs will be other people's. As for the 300 games those are just release dates. But do you have any ideas?!

8. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] For Christ's sake don't put loads of hyper advanced techno-nerdy D&D slang or whatever into it. It's gotta be quick on the load as well. Oh, and put in one of those cool search boxes like on Lycos. They Rule. (!!! ???)

9. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Don't make it too graphics intensive. It gets annoying for people with crappy modems, (Myself included 33.6Kbps) when it takes hours to load pages, then I just go elsewhere. Having menu bars on the side that don't have to reload with every page help.

10. hooligan_inc Guest

Yeah those non-reloading-menu-bars rule.

11. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] NO music!!!!!!!!!!! (Fat Egg style) ;)

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] What's the site's address?

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Its not up yet. I estimate about another month 'till its done. But when it is I'll tell you.

14. hooligan_inc Guest

450 games is gonna take up a LOT of space

15. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

I do have 500 mb of space, hooligan_inc, for a price of course. A rather high one might I add.

16. Wingfoot Guest

thats all.

17. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

You do know that I mean internet space don't you?

18. Wingfoot Guest

yes, i was only joking, i should have made that clear.

19. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

So was I.

20. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I'll visit the site. If you spent money on it then you obviously put a lot of work in as well.
    By the way, how much did 500mb of web space cost?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.