1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NBA anyone?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Hacken Slash, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Anyone here follow the NBA? Wanna talk about it? I'm completely enthused with what I see going on with my hometown Suns.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have never really been interested in NBA basketball and the Toronto Raptors don't seem likely to change that at any time in the future.

I was absolutely amazed that the Raptors actually managed to win back to back games. That took them out of their last place hole and has them sitting pretty at #29 out of the 30 teams. :rolleyes:

I honestly think that at the end of the season any teams that didn't win at least 20% of their games should have their franchise revoked - that would help consolidate talent and get rid of these lame duck losers. This goes for pretty much all other sports too.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Knicks fan here, although i've been keeping that quiet for a few years now. :(

But otherwise....yeah, i'm a sucker for NBA games. Been keeping a close eye on the league since the early 90's (the end of the Pistons reign/the start of the Bulls dynasty).

Edit: Don't get too exited about your Suns just yet H&S, they're pretty much going down the same road as last year, which is the road of many spectacular wins, lots of oohs and aahs from the fans all around the globe, but a very convincing kick in the butt in the western semis by either San Antonio, or Dallas, two teams who DO know what it takes to play D when the game is on the line.

[ December 10, 2005, 04:43: Message edited by: Pac man ]

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I love basketball and the NBA. Since I live in Sweden, I have to download every game.

I like the Lakers, and now that Kobe has started to trust his teammates more, they are winning. It will be hard for them to get a playoff spot, with the Suns, Clippers and Warriors playing as they are, but I keep my hopes high. I would say San Antonio and Detroit are pretty much a lock for the finals, even if Shaq can stay healthy.

And then there was the Pippen ceremony yesterday, when they put his jersey in the rafters. He truly deserved it.

5. Hacken Slash

@Pac Ma This article does a far better job of explaining why I'm high on the Suns.

Of course, it would read a lot better if they hadn't just lost three in a row... :(

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm sorta following Milwauke
    GO BOGUT!!!
    First decent aussie player in the leauge since Luc Longley - but that was a touch before my time.

@Bahir the Red - if its any consolation we dont get any nba games here, unless you have satalite (which is very expensive).

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I watch about 4 games per week here with cable, but the local commentators (sp?) are very boring: you can't hear the original sound (background people shouting, whistles, etc.,) but some strange music, like those songs from UFO shows, kind of Vangelis but worst, and the voice of the 2 guys speaking are soporific; wish I could change to original sound, like in some other channels...

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd rather watch the WNBA myself. A bunch of really big, scantily clad men running around just doesn't do it for me.

9. Hacken Slash

Do I detect a hint of homophobia, T2 ;) .

But you do make a valid point, in a way. I'd have to say that NBA atheletes are the most "in shape" looking in general of any pro athelete.

Here's an another interesting article discussing the Sun's season and stats...and they've done this all so far without Amare.

From ESPN.com

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Possibly.

I'm not going to watch 'Brokebutt Mountain' either.

My wife played basketball in college (DIV IA) -- so we watch the Bull's on occasion ... like whenever there's not a college game on.

11. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm a Pistons fan who used to follow the NBA closely before now I am lucky if i catch a game every now and then..

@Bahir the Red Just get Canal+ if you want to see the games

12. Newfie Banned

I am a Suns fan here too, Hackenslash, seeing Mr. Canada, Steve Nash plays on their team. The loss of Amare is a little rough but they are playing well without him. Going to be tough in the playoffs though, seeing they folded so badly to the Spurs last year. I'll chalk it up to inexperience though and pray for better things this year.

Our previous Mr. Canada, Vince Carter is playing well since he left the Raptors and the Nets are steamrolling right now. Still, I just patiently wait for the big whiner to get injured and blow NJ's chances.

How about Kobe and that point streak? Him, Lebron and Iverson are both averaging over 30 points per game now. I just hope the NBA keeps it's high octane offense going and a team dethrones the Spurs whose plodding defensive game make the playoffs a bore.

[ January 11, 2006, 21:38: Message edited by: Newfie ]

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Defense is what the playoffs is all about. If you refuse to play hard D in the playoffs, you're going nowhere. Just look at the teams coached by Don Nelson over the years. He's the perfect example of how not to approach the playoff intensity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.