1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need a bit of help working Icewind dale

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Count Chocula, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Count Chocula Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So, I'm playing Icewind dale, its working fine, I can make a new game, but when i try to save that game or load a different game, it shuts down and a box pops up and says, "An Assertion failed at InfScreenLoad.cpp at line number 1592". The CD works fine on any other computer I try it on except for mine, so I don't think that the CD is scratched. I've tried re-installing the game a few times but that doesn't really help. I'm not a big computer person so I kinda feel like its something obvious, but anyways if anyone can help me out on that one that'd be great! Thanks a lot :)

Actualyyy, while I'm at it, I also can't get Icewind dale 1 to work. This CD also works fine on any other computer but mine. When I hit play a box pops up and says, "Error starting application. File IDMain.exe could not be found." Then another box pops up and says, "Error retreiving path information from the registry. Please run the application manualy by double-clicking on its icon in the windows explorer." And clicking on its icon doesn't seem to help all that much. Oh and when I tried to re-install it it said that the log file is not valid or the data has been corrupted :confused: , and that it can't continue with the unistalation. sooooo i guess I have corrupted data or whatnot. So help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm certainly no computer expert, but your post makes it sound as though the problem is in your computer, and not in the game. I also had your first problem--"assertion failure"--although not so persistently as you. In the end it just quit happening, for whatever that's worth. If no one gives you a satisfactory answer here, you might try re-posting in the tech board near the bottom of the board listings. Good luck.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Try to uninstall the game by removing it from the registry, get a registrycleaner for that and then you try a reinstall.
    From what I see your registry might be botched up, so uninstalling manually with the regcleaner and then installing again might remove the problems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.