1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with Dragon's Eye.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Xadelious, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Xadelious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Greetings,

I am currently at Level 1 and 2 of Dragon's Eye. I do seem have a couple of questions -

1) In Lvl 1 DE, In the room where I kill all the bugs and spiders. There is a Skeleton that you can aproach. However it seems as the little stream of water is covering my way and I cannot get thru. Is there any other way?

2) In Lvl 2 DE, In the main room with a bunch of Trolls and two Human sorcerers, why do they shoot me? I do not recall attacking any of them, but the Trolls.

Any help is well apriciated.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1) Yes, there's another way around to the other side of the little stream (if what I'm thinking you are describing is correct).

2) They don't like you; you're interfering with their plans.

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

BTA-
    2) LOL!!! :D *wipes away a tear* Funny!!

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2) I remember that room as one of the great early battles. I tried drawing the trolls out one at a time, but (at least with HOW installed), if one gets attacked in this room they call all their friends (including the magic users) for help. Enjoy! :D

5. Xadelious Gems: 1/31

No wonder this IWD board is'nt so popular. You people need to learn some manners and be nice. Well, I surley can go to a diff forum and get better help there.

[This message has been edited by Xadelious (edited March 26, 2001).]

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Huh? What do you mean? My answers were entirely accurate. It just so happens Darien found my answer to 2) amusing, and Bowie also gave accurate information for you. So what's the problem?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 26, 2001).]

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Xadelious- I'm sorry if you took offense, but sheesh, lighten up. It was funny! Besides, like BTA said, you did get the answers you needed. ;)

8. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Huh? That was a genuine “Enjoy! :D” from me. I loved this battle once I finally won it. It took me several failed attempts to find a strategy that would work here with my party, which made it even more enjoyable when I succeeded. Sorry for any confusion.

Where you looking for gentle nudges or complete spoilers with your post? Most people here won’t give complete spoilers unless you ask for them. If you want to be spoiled, keep reading; if not ignore the post below.

<spoilers>
    1) You’re south of the body when you first see it, right? Go back the way you came (west, the only way you can go here) and take the north-eastern pass (over a bridge) find a short path south in the rocks to get to the body. You’ll find a journal on the body. If you talked to everyone in the prologue you’ll recognize the name on the journal as the adventurer that wasn’t going with you on the doomed expedition. Plus there’s gold and a couple of useful items here too.

2) The trolls and the magic users are working together, there's only one cleric (far right of where you enter the room) who is good and will help you after the battle, so don't attack her (can tell her by the blue circle around her rather than red). Now, to win this battle you can use the small entry way to this large room and the fact that they all rush you to your advantage. Have your best fighter armed with his/her best weapon armed along with a sword with a chance of fire damage (if you have it) as a back up, and arm everyone else with projectile weapons. Place the fighter in the narrow hall and have a shadowed thief hit the closest troll (most likely one on the alter) with an arrow and run back to your party. This will bring most of the trolls and magic users running. Attack the first troll to arrive with your fighter, and hit the magic users with projectiles and magic missles from the rest of your party as they come in sight to disrupt their spells. Once the first troll is knocked down (almost dead) it will block the other trolls from reaching your party because the body is blocking the narrow hallway. By this time there should be a mass of trolls and magic users trying to get close to your party. Have your mage cast fire ball BEHIND this group (to keep your fighter that’s up front from getting too burnt). This should take out any remaining spell casters and weaken the trolls enough to make the rest of the battle not too tough. Use the flaming sword and the flaming oils as needed to finish them off. This strategy also moves the battle away from the one good cleric that will help you, which reduses the chances of hurting her by accident.

9. Xadelious Gems: 1/31

Ah, I was stupid than. My bad, I indeed mad at the time. Sence I lost somte KUF Games. However, Thank you. I hope you dont mind me staying in this forum family :)

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

No problem... Stay and join in the love, man... We love you man... :D

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

When Darien says that, you had better start running now before she breaks out the leathered trouts and straps.....
    :D :D

12. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1. you have to go around
    2.They hate your guts

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hey! Thanks for that added insight Gormenghast! :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.