1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neos Reserva reviews -- original and custom

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, May 11, 2009.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Before the experiment:

I caught a glimpse of those perticular Neos, who are advertised as containing "50% Cuban filler".

As I open the box, I have to admit that those frankencigars have a pleasent smell, which is as I expected from a cigar with both Cuban and Belgian tobacco/filler.

Upon lighting up, the frankentaste hits my taste buds, and I'll be honest -- it hits like a brick wall. Thinking of smoking one of those cigars on a 15 min break is utter insanity -- your lungs will be crying for mercy if you do so -- just ask my brother. Fortunately, I had the brilliant idea of lighting the first Reserva on an evening off, and it took near the 40 minute mark to smoke.

Bottom line is, those cigars are good, but the strong (and I put the emphasis on strong) aroma makes me chalk those ones in the "Very occasional treat" category.

Then, after downing 20+ shooters with a friend of mine and subsequently puking my guts out and feeling like freaking crap for a few days... I was looking for a way to put the remaining tequila at use since I won't be drinking any for a (long) while.

Then I stumbled upon a box of Cognac-dipped Al Capone, and the lightbulb tilted over my head -- dip the remaining Reservas in Tequila in hopes of granting them some kind of rejuvenation, which came out better than I expected. All nine Reservas underwent three good dips in Tequila, with a period of drying between dips.

After completly drying, the Reservas now had a pleasent spirit smell. I lit up, and to my surprise -- and delight -- that the Tequila treatement has added a whole new dimension to the cigars I was about to discard.

Since Neos nor Panter offer any kind of spirit-flavored cigars, I have no other cigars to use as benchmark, unlike what I did with the Al Capone cognac and rum dipped reviews.

But, since Neos and Al Capone have more than one thing in common, I'm not sure how fair it is, but it's the best benchmark I have.

But back to the subject. As I said above, the Tequila treatement has added a whole new dimention to Reservas, so this second judgement will be the final.

The flavor of the tequila meshes in very well with the taste of Reservas, and if I dare say, complements it perfectly. The triple dip has given the Reservas a seriously sharp spirit flavor that makes me look at Reservas under a different light. The flavor gets overwhelming, more so than both Al Capone spirit-flavored offerings

Final score: 7.5/10. The Tequila dips have paid dividends and made those cigars a fine treat, but the overtly strong aroma of those cigars comes back to bite them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.