1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jul 3, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Not a lot on the official Neverwinter Nights message boards. But one thing stands out. Pay close attention to the release info from Cord.

Cord Grimwinder-8d, Interplaygames.com Moderator

Release date:
    Hello everyone,

The day I knew would come, has come at last ;-/.

Okay, the jack booted foot of "the man" is about to come down. As much as I dislike outright censorship, you're about to start getting some.

There will be NO rants on any conference but the OT one about-

"The game is late!"
    "They delayed the release!"
    "They moved the release date back"
    "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

I've seen too many boards over the years become a slag fest over this totally silly subject. And I say silly in this case because-

BIOWARE HAS *NEVER* GIVEN ANYONE A RELEASE DATE FOR NWN, THEREFORE THE RELEASE DATE HAS NOT CHANGED, BEEN MOVED BACK, OR OTHERWISE ALTERED TO MERELY TICK *YOU* OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

That clear?

When BioWare comes here and says "NWN will be in stores December 28th", you may feel free to post all you like on all conferences on the 29th of December if it's not in your local stores. Until such time all you are doing is ranting and raving about someone breaking a promise that was never made, period!

So, I don't care when Amazon, EBWorld, Best Buy, the Queen of England, the Pope, the President of the U.S., or Jay Leno says that NWN is due to be released, until BioWare gives us a firm date, there *ISN'T* one.

Therefore, please, keep *ALL* release date rants-n-raves on the OT conference where they belong. All posts of this nature that show up else where will only remain there until I see them.

Search problems: As many of you have already encountered, the Search Function on the boards is not currently "finding" any posts made after 6/19/01. Interplay is looking into the problem but has, as yet, been unable to discover and correct the cause of the malfunction. It is however happening on all of their boards so they are working hard to resolve the issue.

Thanks to all that reported this problem to both the Moderators and the IP web folks, even if they don't always reply, they are always listening ;-).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.