1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Avatars

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, what can I say. They're up and I hope you will like them. They are based on the number of posts. You advance fast through the first 200 or so posts, and then it slows down to about 100 posts for a new avatar. I'll have the whole documentation for it up soon so you will know what to expect.

Me and Blackthorne have our own avatars, so no, you will never get those unless we promote you to moderator or admin level. ;)

And nope, you cannot choose your own avatars or send me pictures to make them... Even if I wanted to, I can't do that because of the way I implemented this hack.

If I did it more thoroughly, you would be able to, but that would take me at least another week more and who knows how much complications. So this is it, for the time being.

Kielbasa out.

2. hooligan_inc Guest

Does it stay the same creature and just go up levels?

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

A crowd pleaser! :)

So er...yeah what does the level indicate?

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The level is indicative of how many posts you have. If you look at Sorcerer's, you'll see he's at Level 40 with over 1500 posts.

Your level changes as your posts increase, and the pics will change with them.

Also, the name of the creature is right under your nick, if you don't recognize the picture.

/me really wishes she had a cool blue dragon... :(

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited April 01, 2001).]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] To answer all of your questions, I have updated the old boards FAQ significantly.
    You can access the FAQ from the front page of the boards or at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html

That should clear everything up.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I think that this idea is really neat!

Thanks Tal!

7. Mierin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

pld tal...now i have to go spam some :)

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i want a troll burner... *sobbing very loudly*

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Oh no! I feel the....urge...to advance in ranks...(gasp)...no...Baatezu influence taking over...must spam...must resist the urge...must not remain a lowly lemure...must advance in hierarchy...

AAAARGGHH!!

PUT AN END TO MY MISERY!

[This message has been edited by Rakanishu (edited April 02, 2001).]

10. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] *beheads Rakanishu*
    done! :)

11. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

look at me!!!
    i'm just a little floating watcher!!
    bwahahaha!!

12. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] *Pokes Arkados right in the eye*
    Cool! ;)

sorry couldn't resist :)

[This message has been edited by BogiTheWaverer (edited April 02, 2001).]

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm reading "Red Dragon" at the mo Tal, worries me a little seing your picture....

How far away from me do you live?

...shivers....

:)

14. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, if you're a barbarian northern giant as your name implies, you shouldn't worry to much :)

Btw, LOL Bogi :D

15. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31

Arrrrgh i'm blind!!!

16. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] Hm... I'm a kobold lackey now? Although I'm sure some people would say it fits my personality nicely, I'm not too sure what my mother would say...

And shame on you people for tormenting a poor, defenseless (and evidently blind) eyeball! (Behave, or I shall spank thee with my short sword of ...eh... spanking!) :p

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Hey Tal!

How many posts are needed for each level? I can see that the earlier levels change rapidly, but I just wanted to know what (experience?) was needed for what level.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Um... You see that link in Taluntain's second post in this thread? Click on it... It's all in the FAQ

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Thanx BTA.

I normally don't click on links that are posted unless I know what I'm getting into. And, I just didn't pay attention to it.

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I know you all are just dying to reach as high as possible here in rank! But before you do so...

*Stands on a box turns around and flashes butt to everyone*

I'm the highest ranking non-moderator in this topic! NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.