1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New D&D movie

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

right, so I saw the trailer for the new D&D movie when I saw Wedding Crashers. Not to jinx it, but how do you guys think this one's going to turn out? The trailer actually looked pretty good, but considering that the last one made me embarrassed to admit playing and reading fantasy, I don't know :/

2. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Unless it is a movie based on the War of the Lance, I am not going to get my hopes up.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Is there a trailer up anywhere?

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I must be in the minority on this one. I saw the original movie and didn't think it was that bad. I have seen worse.

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yeah, "Kevin & Perry Go Large" is worse, for example. But not much.

The first D&D Movie was unwillingly funnny at times, the whole thing was really, really bad.

I still don't understand why they don't adapt the Dragonlance Chronicles.

At least, Joel Silver is partly responsible this time.

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

No trailers at IMDB yet, but here's what they've written about the story:

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    They should make it about 5 friends that are sucked into a wormhole while on a roller coaster at a them park and reappear in a world where swords and sorcery rule...Oh yeah, it's been done. ;) :p

I didn't see DnD1, and this one sounds a bit hokey too. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dragonlance movie...But what about Drizzt? They could make some decent movies with him, no?

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Geez that sounds like a stupid movie. And where's the rogue!?! You've got a six character party with a warrior, a sorceress, another type of wizard, a priest, a samurai (Honor?), and ANOTHER warrior. :rolleyes:

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

a samurai? :/ i saw the trailer and I don't recall seeing one. I saw an elven mage (or sorceress), a human warrior, a human cleric and i forget another. but there WAS a rogue, he looked so old :rolleyes:

@Sir Bel

you're killing me! :eek: what movie is that again? why does it sound so damn familiar?? :bang:

10. Felinoid

Well, I didn't see the trailer; I was just going off of Mollusken's quote. So which one do you think is the thief: Intelligence, Wisdom, Honor, or Strength?

11. Newfie Banned

All of the actors are no names so uh-oh.

[ August 08, 2005, 06:29: Message edited by: Newfie ]

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

perhaps the thief? because there's already a sorceress isnt there?

@newfie

i saw it in the theatre. it was one of those trailers that they showed before wedding crashers.

13. Felinoid

@Enagonios:
    I meant among the things I listed that the other four are supposed to represent (again taken from Mollusken's quote). Intelligence and Wisdom I figured would be a wizard and a priest, but if the rogue is really old, I suppose that could qualify him for the 'Wisdom' hero. :hmm: But then where does the priest fit in? Honor?

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Enagonios: I think Bel was referring to this DnD cartoon...atleast, I've seen something like that. 5 kids get transported into this DnD setting and they do all sorts of corny stuff.

I used to actually like it a lot when I was a kid...can't remember the name though. It was Dungeon something...

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Sounds dodgy and ... well, rather dull. Wonder if they'll be pulling every D&D cliche out of their arses for it?

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Enagonios, Farazz is correct - it's from the DnD cartoon from the 80s. It was called "Dungeons and Dragons" they may have even had "Advanced" on the title, but it's been so long I can't remember.

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

From what Mollusken quotes, it sounds pretty awful. I'm not sure anyone can put up with another D&D movie.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

What happened to that D&D TV series in the style of Xena that was supposed to come out? Or was that all just speculation?

19. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It depends on who directs it. Just think of the posibilities if it was by Takashi Miike

20. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The first one is nasty. The second one will probably be crap. Oh well. :(
    Better stick with Excalibur and Conan...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.