1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Race

Discussion in 'Playground' started by reepnorp, Nov 3, 2002.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If the producers were to put another race in a Forgotten Realms game, what would you want? Me, I would go Leprecaun all the way!

2. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'd pick the Druegar (dark dwarves). They might have put in an appearance or two in previous games, but nothing major.
    Also, how about the Irda (the Trolls before thier fall from grace)? They were intelligent, graceful, and powerful.
    And the Faery races (Syplhs, Nymphs, Pixies, Sprites, etc) have been kind of under-represented in FR games.

Playable Dragons, Giants, or Beholders would be awesome!

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hmmm

nymphs?

killing everyone just with undressing,
    who needs crom fayer?

P.S. Think about the romancing plots...

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I like the idea od faerie races such as sylphs, pixies and sprites. Centaur is a possibility but I never realy liked those guys much. Githyanki, or just psionics in general.

5. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't really care much about greatly new races, but I would like to see more of the sub races being selectable.
    Elves, for example, would have the infamous Drow, the slightly wild Wood elves, the extremly serious Grey elves, and the aquatic elves.

Dwarves on the other hand would include the Duergar, Hill dwarves, moutain dwarves, and the Derro Dwarves.

I won't go on, but i'm sure you get the picture.

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd like to see air, water, fire and earth genasis (from Forgotten realms campaign setting) in D&D CRPG :)

7. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why shun the minotaurs? They are playable in several campaigns. I'd like to see an eight foot man-bull with curving horns out there.

8. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It would be cool if there were giants! Imagine Giant walking in a middle of Baldurs Gate.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Fairy races and minotaurs sound great to me. Maybe even centaurs.

Giants would be cool, but they present a problem of being able to fit through doorways and such ;) .

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Oooh, Centaurs sound cool, but I love the idea of being a minotaur.

Being a giant might be a bit hard.

What about the Dracon's from the books?

Half Dragon half human... with Wings! :cool:

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Centaurs and Drow would be interesting additions.

What about undead races? Anyone want to be a lich or vampire?

12. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

There are too many races already in my opinion.

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I agree with Enthasius. I'd like to see some more sub races as well.

It's the details that make you believe you're in a real world and things like sub races just make the game world feel more complete.

14. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think they should include the Githzerai/Githyanki, if for no other reason than to have another race-specific class, Zerth. I can't remember what the other one was, but I believe it was only accessible by Gnomes.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    More sub-races like Svirneblin, Duergar, Sun-Elves, Ghostwise Halflings etc.

More Halfbred: Derro, Planetouched, and of course the Half Nymph-Half Aasimar, just like myself. :p
    Genasi should not be excluded.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.