1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New RPG games....

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Nov 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Whos making some? Bioware and that Night what ever it is, looks like its going for the latest ultima look, and i dont want that, i like the style bg2 is in. But id rather have a new story line. (instead of hellspawn, because theres only one way to go when your a hell spawn, and thats HELL. bg2 is good for now, but its eventually gunna die. And i wanna know what games are gunna have the same engine as it... WHat new games are coming out... and some sites!! i wanna see their damn pages!!

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

:)

Only time will tell.

Syl...

3. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Well its just to bad that only one has come out recently that can even match bg2 and its name is Icewind Dale. made by the same company... ive seena few that are coming out that look "nice" but none that look as good yet.

4. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'd like to see a little more Planescape flavor: like the screen perspective (top down, but a little closer so you see more detail and action); and the character interaction--being able to converse and interact with all members of the party. Didn't especially care for the floating quick palette, though, it was too cumbersome compared to BG2.

5. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

yea but there again your looking at a rpg first person shooter (thats bascially what it is) only get to control one person and the rest kinda fight until dead with no skills.

7. Fergus Gems: 7/31

What about Microsoft's Dungeon Siege ?
    Any one heard when that's comming out ?

The Age of Empires series are classic RTS titles so maybe they can do the same to the RPG style.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Nice look, but as in the past, any game that has this visual appearance has failed in my books due to the fact they work so hard on bringing a world that is so vibrant in view, they forget all the little things.

A good example of this is any city in Ultima 9 (and for anyone designing a game in the future, take some advice from your fans especially when they don't want that type of view). Anyhow, back to the point before I get side tracked ;)

Ultima 9 had lovely graphics but you'd enter a city and yes, it was grand but where was everyone?

Same 'ol for other RPG games using this type of game view. Too much detail, not enough depth.

Syl...

9. Fergus Gems: 7/31

Syl, If I remember correctly I think they said they were going to ship the editor with it.
    May prove opposition to NWN and I think it ships just before NWN as well.

By the way are you releasing any more of the walkthrough today ?

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

This week has been deadly at work, pretty busy so I haven't had much time to myself to type it up yet or even play. I'm going to try and make room for Trademeet this weekend, which is all I can offer about now.

Syl...

11. Fergus Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Take it easy man. Relax have a few beers in front of the TV and just relax.
    Noone's standing behind you with a whip.
    Well not unless your into that kind of thing that is !!!!!!

12. Fergus Gems: 7/31

13. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Great post Fergus, I quickly checked them out. Only two of them (the first two) seemed a little interesting to me but... I have to admit - I'm now thoroughly loyal to AD&D based RPG games. Anything and Everything else seems... a DISTANT second, even if that. I went ahead and downloaded the 102mb demo file for the Severance Blade of Darkness. I'll check it out this weekend or next. Microsofts' game looks like an 'Asherons Call' remake from what I read. Haven't played the game yet but perhaps some day. As far as Dungeon Siege... I'll NEED to play a demo of it before I purchase any non-AD&D based game!

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited November 10, 2000).]

14. Reya Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Off the RPG subject a little but bound to be a great game is 'black and white' at www.lionhead.com
    ...and of course, can't wait for Monkey Island4!

15. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] What about Arcanum? It is being made by most of the team that did fallout, the greatest rpg ever. (Torment takes second place!!) B)

16. Fergus Gems: 7/31

17. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Think a Dungeon Keeper/AD&D game would be cool :) Instead of playing the goodies, u play the baddies and get to slaughter all the goodly Paladins with no regrets or anything :) I do that anyway, and i'm playing Chaotic Good!

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey! There's a little something over in the "Misc CRPGs" board by Sylvus that you might want to take a look at... I doubt it's something for the near future, but it sounds interesting!

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And carrying non BGII-related topics there is ALWAYS a good idea, otherwise BAD THINGS may happen. Like now.

IronEagle, shame on you. 120 posts and you still don't know in which forum you should post? Tsk, tsk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.