1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Newsweek Continues its Criticism of the War in Iraq

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Chandos the Red, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Newsweek continues its assult on the war effort in Iraq in a new article, which will be decried by the shrinking group of the war's supporters.

IMO, this is a well crafted point. It's about time somone in the mainstream media had the courage to start demanding results from this "effort." Here's more:

Along the same lines, are these comments, which has been kept safely hidden from the view of innocent American eyes, who believe that we are doing "great things" there:

Here's the link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8101422/site/newsweek/

Of course, we all know this is only the ravings of the "liberal media."

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought they would buckle under the pressure from their 'Qu'ran story' but its good to see that they will continue to 'fight the good fight' :)

3. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeah. And what good will it do to point out the poor state of Iraq in a nation where critical voices are easily written off as mere attempts of cynics and political opposition to belittle the glorious progress achieved.
    I mean, really, with military bases dubbed 'Camp Victory' and such dazzle its obvious how the situation of Iraq is supposed to be taken.

My sympathies to the Iraqis. Their future has been hijacked by a less then skilled and sincere "liberator". That nation must have been cursed to always suffer.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I wonder which country they will invade next. They've got all these new shiny weapons, there must be someone to test them on, right?

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The most shocking thing is the widespread allowance for such things and the way they were hidden from the public. Well, not exactly. The scariest thing is that such things don't come out of nowhere. There are reasons behind them and the inompetence of the leaders doesn't exhaust those. Something is obviously wrong in a country where police officers strip-search school kids for missing loose change and the number of police brutality or police sexual abuse probably hits the world record. Sorry, guys, I love you for the good things but can't get along with some other things that go on over there.

6. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well Tassadar, if I had my way, Mexico would be next. And I mean today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.