1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wingfoot, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Wingfoot Guest

man theres nothing like the NHL playoffs. talk about intense. and overtime, man the players can get away with anything. i love it. too bad the team i root for isn't in, but i'm still watching. who's everybody rooting for, and who do you think will take home the cup? i'm not really rooting for any team cuz the blackhawks didn't make it in...again...but its still fun to watch.

2. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Edmonton Oilers all the way....

at least to the next game.

I'd hate to be a Blackhawks fan ;)

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited April 19, 2001).]

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Isn't it Black Hawks? And you say you are a fan! :p

Three words: Let's Go Fly-ers!!!!!

They're done 3-1...But I still have hope! Ever the paladin, fighting for lost causes! ;)

4. Wingfoot Guest

yeah real funny guys. i'm laughing so hard that i think i split my side :)

hey i'm not a Flyers fan but LeClair rocks!

5. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Leafs win again!!!!!!
    Four games to none!!!!
    Take that Ottawa!!!

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Never understood ice hockey, or any other of those popular american sports (basketball, football, baseball).

Soccer is the sport! And we all cheer for Liverpool as they will crush Barcelona in the UEFA cup today and make fun of Arsenal in the FA cup final? Liverpool will go for the treble this season!

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I was never into watching sports... I used to be at good at soccer though. Got too lazy to stay varsity.. But I saw this one Football game where this guy tried to tackle someone, he sprained his neck or something because he didn't bend his neck for the tackle :D anyone else hear about that?

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] PLEASE DO NOT CALL IT SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gratest game on earth is called FOOTBALL!!!!!

American "football" is not football (They don't even kick the thing. Please don't bother to write about FG's), Rugby "football" is not football (good game tho'), Aussie Rules (Read NO-RULES) is not football although cracking to watch (And they actually kick the ball), Association Football is FOOTBALL.

Sorry raw nerve. :)

PS, would love to watch the NHL play off's, but the live games over here start about 1 in the morning..... Ice-hockey rocks big style!

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Do they have soccer in Europe? :D

10. Wingfoot Guest

LOL Bel! hey this is a thread about hockey not Football or American Football. and yes Viking they do kick the ball in American Football, and numerous times too.

P.S. dont let hool catch any of you refering to Football as soccer or you will suffer his wrath!

11. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

What is up with Ottawa? They just can't perform under pressure. No offense to Toronto fans, but I don't think it should have been a sweep.

Oilers play tonight, look out!

12. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, since we talk about 'soccer' or voetbal as I like to say, I have to share with you that Ajax-Amsterdam is still the best! (Not in results lately and unfortunately) Well, can't have anything...

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Hooligan is a perfect name for a Soc - I mean football fan!

Ottawa - Tons o' talent folding under pressure!

Leafs - they are pretty good though.

Oilers - A lovable Cinderella team! Go!

Flyers - I love 'em, they will win this series! Hold on, let me put on my asbestos armor....Okay, fire away!

14. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am a Leafs fan but I didn't think they had a chance of winning against Ottawa. Especially in a sweep. I even bet against the Leafs :(

15. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Bleh, Oilers lose 4-3. At least they have now tied the record for most overtime games in a playoff round (four), and there is still potentially two more games.

Hey Belisarius, good for Philly, they're not out of it yet!

16. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Let the age of mourning begin. The oilers have lost, and to make matters worse, I missed their last game. I suppose by default I'll have to cheer for Toronto now.

It seems that Canadian teams are a dying breed, with only the very rich able to afford a competitive team. I remember the Oilers of the late 80's, back when salaries weren't through the roof and any city with a decent fan base could afford to have a team. That team contained many of the premier players that proceeded to poliferate the league: Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Coffee, Anderson and the list goes on. Ah the memories.

Sorry folks, I realize this is a consecutive post, but my sadness has made me do terrible things. I feel for ya Belisarius ;)

17. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Lord Moeken, I don't think a post that's made 3 days later actually counts... Don't worry about it, I'll let you off this time. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.