1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nightingale...anyone??

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Laertis, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've created this thread to let all of you know of this band NIGHTINGALE!

It's a band created by Dan Swanö, a truly musical genious. Maybe some of you know him from Edge Of Sanity, Bloodbath or Arjen Lucassen's Star One (or some others). Although he's a death metal figure, Nightingale is a prog rock act. I recommend it for all the fans of rock/metal music.

The band will soon release a new album: 'Invisible'. I will let the link for the teaser of the album:
    Nightingale - Invisible album teaser
    (Taken from: "One of the lonely ones" (0.00); "Still alive" (1.19); "Atlantis" (2.51); "Raincheck on my demise" (4.02))

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Listening to this Teaser they sound a bit like Ark. Not bad but not super cool.

I knew Dan Swanö from Star One and I like his voice, but I think when I want to hear him I stick to that.

You should listen to Ark if you like this kind of music.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like his Death Metal projects more. Edge of Sanity - Crimson and Crimson II are absolute masterpieces. I think Swano puts out the best material when he incorporates different elements into his albums rather than focus on one specific thing.

4. Laertis Gems: 5/31

I agree Tassadar...the Crimson series are breath-taking. He also released an album using his name 'Dan Swanö - Moontower'...i never listened to it (i simple can't get a hold of it) but many say it's also a masterpiece.

As for Ark...isn't that the former band of Jorn Lande of Masterplan? If it is, i think that Swano and Lande have very different voices. But either way i will look for Ark.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Yes It's Jorn Lande's Band. The voices are different indeed but the music sounds the same that was what I tried to say :p .

Did you listen to Ark yet?

6. Laertis Gems: 5/31

Yes, i've just got it today. It's really good. Jorn Lande is an awesome vocalist.

I still think that the 2 bands are different, Ark is more metal than Nightingale. However they're both very progressive.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I gonna listen some Ark now, it has been a while!

Glad you like it!

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Just wait till the new Bloodbath album gets released (should be very soon)!

9. Laertis Gems: 5/31

I already have it in mp3 (should buy it this week) and it's fu**ing brutal!!!!
    In my opinion, way better than 'Ressurection Through Carnage'. Dan changed to guitars, so that a more able drummer could play instead. Also Peter Tägtgren has an fantastic performance (very different from what he does in Hypocrisy).

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah I've only listened to "outnumbering the day" but already it has that extra dimension the previous album lacked. Can't wait for the New Zealand release!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.