1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Not the last Fairwell, but close...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by dman18, Oct 14, 2004.

1. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] If no one has noticed, and probably few have, I haven't been here a lot lately. I have spent very little time here and in mIRC for that matter. So this is it, my "just to let you know post," that I probably wont be posting here at all soon. When you miss three months at a time you miss a lot. And I think the BoM grew too fast and I didn't grow with it. :( Maybe if BG3 gets rave reviews and I buy it, I might get back with it, but there are just too many sections here now and I don't know many of the new members. Even on #sorcerers there are people with voices I have never met before.

So this is to all you that remember me, goodbye for now my loves, and goodnight...

[Edit] FIne, I removed the D&D thing. But to much stuff happens to fast on here and as #sorcerers members can attest to, I'm not online much anymore. Thanks for the farewells minus the criticism of my reasoning, but look at the title, I will be back , just not as often as i would like too...

[ October 14, 2004, 22:21: Message edited by: dman18 ]

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Come on man. I haven't gotten a chance to play BG in several months but I still come here. SP has evolved beyond just the games. There are so many more things here then just games.

Try chatting about anything in Whatnots. Maybe start a discussion current events in the AoDA. Or share your latest poetry effort in Creativity Surge. Have an adventure that you wnat to act out? Stop by roleplaying corner.

Come on, stay for a while longer.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's the worst reason for leaving that I've ever heard! I was away for several months awhile back, and once I got back, it took a couple of days to get oriented with the new look of SP and the BoM, and don't even get me started on #sorcerers...that took a few weeks to get back in the game...but I did it, and I'm sure you can too!

Next time just say that your wife doesn't like you talking to strangers that range in age from 13 and up. (If you're not married, say your mom won't let you...)

Hate to see you go. :sad:

[EDIT] To be honest I thought the topic was called 'Not the last Firewall, but close...' I was about to get all techno-magical on you Dman! :rolling:

[ October 14, 2004, 08:06: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well....some of us are a tad immature.... *looks poignently at Jaguar, but only sees his own reflection* damn! Er... anyways, leaving because you have outgrown D&D is nuts, SP maybe a d&d oriented site, but it is hardly just that. And most of the discussion in #sorcerers is of a more silly nature.

Still, if you are determined to leave, fare thee well.

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I didn't post about games for about ... months...
    I come here because is the best place I found to talk to people (in FAI I just know few people over there that know me and always they treat me very nice even if I don't talk about any game).
    There are so many members but still, I think of any of them as a good buddy to talk to about almost anything.
    If you go anyway, good luck.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Come on, theres no reason for you to go just because of that! I am sure that my game-related posts from the last year can be counted with the fingers of a tomato!

Okay, so possibly habnds should be involved...

I was away many months, too, but its not dd that keps taking me back here... its the people.

Come on, stay?

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, leaving is bad... And with all the crazy newfolk (like me) it'd be good if some of the saner members (or at least, elder maniacs) stuck around... SP is more than a gaming site, it's a community!
    Well, seeing your *edit* I see you are determined to leave... then so be it, fare well.
    :borg:

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah, I wasn't here for a while. But I came back. And I'm here to stay! A pitty my timing was off. As is said above, there's so much more to SP than the games. But if you're set on leaving than I bid thee farewell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.