1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Occasion to know each others

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wassup, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dont know if this can be relevant, but can everybody talk about themselves, what you do for living etc. Just to know more to what type of persons we talk, what type of persons share the same interests about BG2 and other RPG.

So I will start:

I'm 25, i'm a marketing manager in a manufacturing company in Montréal. I will marry my girlfriend next year. Still study. (by night) I played computer games for a lot of years now. First game was Police Quest I.

I used to play D&D and Call of Cthulu (p&p).

The first BG was one of my favorites games.
    Dont know what to say more.

Your turn.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You really ought to move this over to the Whatnots board... Besides, I think people put general stuff they want you to know abou them in their profile...

3. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh me, I'll play along. I'm still in college (hopefuly not for much longer). I used to play p&p, but now it is hard to find people willing to play.

Hey isn't "Call of Cthulu" also a song by Metallica?

Oh wait, nevermind it's "Call of Ktulu," sorry

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, Lets see...I'm a student and i'm 15...er i'm studying business studies, History, English, Graphic Products etc. Er i'm School Goalkeeper...Er...Blue belt in Taikwondo...well that should do me thinks...

5. Sol'Kanar Guest

I am a student as well, of 14 years. I fence, and play many computer games. I would play PnP if I could find players and a DM. I like all sorts of RPGs and also still play MTG. The original BG is a favorite of mine. Open season on paladin hunting... Anyway that about covers it I think.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

First off this is the Whatnots section, but also I agree that it's in your profile already if you filled it out. It's never to late.
    I live out side of Boston in the USA. I enjoy computer games but my real love is P&P RPGs. I've been playing RPGs for over 15 years. I started with D&D but now I have branched out into losts of others. I think I've played over 15 different RPGs over the years including some LARPs. My favorite is GURPS. I currently GM a GURPS cyberpunk campaign. I guess the rest is in the profile.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited December 05, 2000).]

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh! Voltric I'm not the idiot I seem... This thread was originally posted in the BG2 forum... :p

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Indeed. I moved the topic over here. I'm fed up with telling people to move em, so I'll just move em where they belong from now on.

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I hail from the lands of the utter east. Ok, ok Asia. 18 years of age and am currently enjoying my 'unemployed' status while waiting for national service. Ah, but it sucks over here.

10. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

YEAH !!! OK I'M SORRY! I POSTED IT IN THE WRONG FORUM!

So after now, stop telling me about it. I made an error. That's not the end of the world. And instead of telling me that, talk to us about yourself. If you dont want to do so, get out of this topic.

*grumble*

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Calm down, calm down; nobody was making a big deal out of it, just stating the facts as they are, and helping you learn the ropes around here that's all...

If you really wanna know some more detail about me, here:

I develop embedded flight software for spacecraft; my last project was the Chandra Xray Observatory.

12. herf Guest

[​IMG] here is about me, i'm 14 years old, i hate my life, it is going nowhere, i am extremely interested in computers, i have written a few games that work in the same kind of way as pac-man and everything i know is self-taught but my skills arent at proffesional level at the minute, i am a master at all types of computer games except for football games, i am the player of the year in rugby, i came second in the cross country competition for the whole of northern ireland for two years running, the funny thing is that i have very few friends...(and no i dont boast i am just telling you some stuff about myself, the reason i have no friends is cuz i have realy big ears and my mum and dad are the only ones who cant see this and they wont let me get my ears pinned back)

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Shura, out of interest...you from S'pore?

Herf, you got bullied? My god! ... ... ... why didn't you just cast a spell on em?

14. herf Guest

[​IMG] i only cast spells in extreme cases, i only casted a spell on the most popular boy in my class (the one with the broken leg, rememeber?) because he kicked the shit out of me and tried to rip my ears of and i had to get 5 stitches in the bottom of my ear where it actually did tear, seriously, i cant wear my earrings anymore cuz the doctor said i couldnt, cant remember the exact reason why but he said something about it opening up again but i was still in shock so i cant really member.

15. Sol'Kanar Guest

If that's not an extreme case I don't know what one is. I should hope though that you did this out of necessity not out of spite because the kid's a jerk. Also it might be a good idea to use the magic for the healing of the ear as well.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

That reminds me! I need a few healing spells...I've decided to dedicate most of my majiks to healing and dispelling...

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, the empire of Emperor Lee is where I hail from. REPUBLIC of Singapore my ass.

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well:

Name: Sapiryl
    Permanent Residence: New York, USA
    College Residence: Oneonta, New York, USA
    Major: Computer Science
    Minor: History

My ethnicity is quite diverse. Mostly, I'm Irish, German, and Italian. A Celtic Hun with an interest in pasta.

I'm a Sagitarius (whatever the heck that means), graduated 7th in my class from my high school, and have been playing computer and platform games since Alien Attack could only be bought in caterpillar chip. Gotta love those old Attari thingies.

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Occupation: Banker by day, Law student by night, Paladin whenever I find enough time to play BG2!
    Undergrad: Majors: Political Science & Russian Language. Minor: Ancient History (Europe, Med & Near East mostly)

I've been playing D&D in one form or another since I was probably 12...But we started playing in Greyhawk, so I'm kind of Old School in that regard.

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My name is Sylvus Moonbow. I enjoy long walks along the beach when the full moon is rising above the city line on a warm summers night and am your Solutions Scribe here at Sorcerer's Place.

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.