1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oh it's Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I know...I was just giving suggestions, I wish I had help when I was figuring it out when I was younger..."back in the old days"

2. Lo Guest

Just wondering, what do guys want to get on Valentine's day?

Chocolate is good, if a girl likes chocolate, at least she'll appreciate it :) My mum is a chochoholic, I don't care much for it at all. And while it is certainly a lame thing to give, one day it might save u..if u need to be rescued that is.

My V'Day started yesterday, I woke up, turned the radio on and here they were talking about Valentine day, the do's and don'ts etc. So I managed to call this guy I'm spending way too much time on the phone with lately (he lives in the other city) and telling him "BTW Happy Valentine's day.." :o
    All said and done he of course was congratulating me today again, to my total embarassment. I guess 2 is better than none ;) :D

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Good things to get for V-Day:
    whipped cream, handcuffs, scantily clad girl I'm seeing (whoever she may be at the time)showing up at my house, or waiting in my house...I'll stop here! :D

Perhaps that was too much already?

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I think some of you gentlemen are missing the point. Valentines Day is special, not because it's a day for romance, but because it is a day to CELEBRATE romance. Just like any other holiday set aside in remembrance or recognition of something, this day allows people to feel emotion beyond that of everyday contentment or happiness. (Hypothetically, anyway.) Just because a holiday is overexposed or commercialized, does not make it any less worthy of your consideration.

No offense, intended, men. Twas simply an overwhelming need to enlighten the masses... :D

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 14, 2001).]

5. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Vandalore--

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just got home from a nice lunch date with my man. I baught him a single rose and a card.

He didn't buy me flowers this year, that was last year. This year he baught me choclates, but not just any choclates. He baught me some from See's candy, which as far as I know, only exists back west where I am from. They are not out here in the middle or eastern half of the U.S. They are my favorite.

I picked up a bottle of Mondoro, which is a really good wine. I also made him a cake. We will share that tonight when I get home from school.

For those of you who have no one to share this speacial day, do not fret, your time has not come. The man I am with today, I have been with for 4 1/2 yrs, and we are just now going to get married this August. They say the best things come to those who wait, and love is defiently worth waiting for. Nothing that you should try to rush.

Darien--
    How can you hate choclate! It is a sin I tell you, I absolutely love it. In just about any form too.

6. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Oh, and Vandalore,
    I think that is a really nice thing you are doing for her. She does not know how lucky she is. Hopefully, with any luck someday she will.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] What i want to get on V day? a nice girlfriend...THAT DONT SIT ON OTHER BLOKES LAPS AND :mad: ...calm down now...it'll be alright...there are plenty more beautiful, loving, caring, loyal, trustworthy, affectionate, intelligent girls out there...UNLIKE SOME WHO JUST GO OUT WITH ANYONE TO ADD TO THEIR FRICKEN LIST OF PAST BOYFRIENDS! :mad: *counts to 10* ... ... didn't work! ;)

8. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm sure she'll like it, but she probably will like be "you shouldn't have done something nice for me. I don't deserve it." or something. Even that, I really wouldn't mind hearin, just sucks kinda. What I'm really afraid of is no reaction what so ever. Because it makes me think, wondering what's going on in her intriquet mind of hers.

What do you think is worse? Or what do you think would you prefer hearing after goin out and doin (or getting) something for someone who you thought was really special (the person that you head over heels for)?

No reaction.. at all.

-or-

"Damn it, stop doin nice shit for me. I don't deserve it." (or something similar)

[This message has been edited by Vandalore (edited February 15, 2001).]

9. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Hmmm, Vandalore---

If she says you should stop doing nice shit for her that means one of either two things. She is insicure and not use to having people be so kind and caring to her.

Or, she doesn't want that much attention from you. Most the time, if a girl says that, depending on the situation, it usually means that people just don't normally treat her like that and she isn't comfortable with it.

Believe it or not, most girls are use to getting treated like shit. Therefore, they don't know how else to be treated and become uncomfortable with people who do treat them in a nice manner. Remeber how you said the last guy was a dick. Well, maybe that is what she is use to dealing with.

If it is just a fear you have of her saying that, get over it. You either want to take a chance with her, or you don't. You have to weight which is more important to you. Trying to be more romantic and get to be her boyfriend. Maybe having a chance at real love. Or, being her friend. Either way, there is no garuntee she is going to be around forever.

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

Also, sometimes when it seems like a girl is having no reaction to something, it usually means she is thinking really hard about something.

I think she will have a reaction to it. Personally, I would rather have someone tell me that they think I should not do stuff like that for them. It probably means that they think it is something speacial. And it is.

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

ARGHHHH
    I"M PISSED. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    NO GUNS ARE SOLD IN SINGAPORE!!! :mad:
    Wish I could use one on myself.

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Shura - That's a little bitter. WTF?

Being single is not all that bad, at least in my experience. It's a minor thing...Remember, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Just do your thing & and everything else will fall in line sooner or later.

Uggh - how about that for a bad Dear Abby post?

13. Fatmaka Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] That's my style
    SUCK MY DICK!
    --------------
    nothing in particular ---> just got drunk lately,cause in my country it's the Wine's fest today... and no way ---> i must got drunk...... also my girlfriend will be drunk too...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Fatmaka, watch your mouth. Seriously.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31

I am very, very pissed. I won't bore you with the details. I just want to rant a bit because one of the worst events in my life just happened.
    GET ME A SHIT-SUCKING PALADIN TO MAKE INTO GENITAL SALAMI!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
    ARGHHHH!

16. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Seriously man, I can't think of any man other than Shura who is not offended (maybe even a little scared) by the idea of genital salami.

Shura, since the people you hate probably aren't reading this, aren't you only offending us fellow board users?

If you could do me a favour please don't say anything about maimed genitals, male or female. It's sickening. :(

Normal evisceration and beheading or neck breaking is okay because it's not perverse. :p

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Let me help you Shura...
    So what happened?
    Tell me without too many vulgarities and i shall aid you as best as i can!

18. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Well my plans went to dog shit like they always do. She didn't get the thing on Valentine's Day. Every time I tried to call, she was either gone or the phone was busy. With my luck, the only time she would've been home was when I was working on my final Comp II paper last night. Our schedules just seem to clash all the time, but I don't buy the "it wasn't your destiny" shit. Life is just a serious of choices. You have to make some risks or you'll be sittin there spinnin your tires. A quarter til midnight, I walked across campus to her place. Buzzed in. Got to her door greeted by her roommate and one of her best friends. She had already gone to bed. Shit! So I left a message with them to tell her I stopped by and I had a lil somethin for her but I'd just give it to her tomorrow (today). Hmm, I wonder how her interview went.

19. Shura Gems: 25/31

To Sniper: %^%$^%$! &%#%$&^! %$&#$#^%!!!!
    ^&%*(%*&!!! *%#%$!!!! And that's what happened.
    Ah well.
    LOL.

20. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Wow, it didn't work out today either. :p She didn't work today so I didn't get to see her, plus she didn't go to class. Well, there is always tomorrow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.