1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oi! Tal why did u do that?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oi Tal, why did you lock Herfs topic "How can we improve the website"?? It was sticking to the topic wasn't it? Or was it cos Sylvus said something?

2. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I don't know why the topic is locked but it seems that Tal is the only one working on Sorceror's Place right now. Do you think he has time to fulfill all requests?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Exactly.
    And frankly I'm sick and tired of Syl's moaning and constant warming up of stuff I chewed and spit out weeks ago.
    If he wants to implement it on his site, fine. He can put it on his boards if it's so easy for him and since he obviously has more than enough time to play with it.
    But until he has something more to show than just a mouthful of nothing, I'd prefer if he didn't say anything at all.

Anyway, the topic was how to upgrade the msg boards. If you have a suggestion on how to improve the website, feel free to open up a new topic.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh, heh... You must be getting tired of people questioning your moderating as well! ;)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah well, comes with the job I suppose. :cool:

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ok, i was just curious. thats all

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ah yes. More to show?

It's so nice to know the work I put into the site for you on my free time is so quickly forgotten.

It's all yours now.

Syl...

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now Syl, you know Sorcerer appreciates what you do around here, as do we all. I believe what he was referring to with the "more to show" comment was all the suggestions you've made about upgrades. Until he sees you successfully implement them yourself, he will continue to believe they are not practical.

Am I right Sorcerer? And I hope I haven't spoken out of turn...

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well actually, you might have, Blackthorne. Why not let Tal speak for himself. This issue is between him and Syl anyway. I don't think any amount of kind words from us can help.

You know, if Syl and Tal actually manage to resolve their differences, I'll actually SALUTE them.

And if they don't I think the both of them will lose 5 Intelligence, 5 Wisdom and 50000 experience points.

10. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey, not that it matters, but I thought I would just like to say that the board suffers when you admins are at odds. I think that much would be lost if one of you left, but both of you are cool and add some aspect to the board.

11. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I believe I speak for us all when I say that the both of you are (Sylvus & Taluntain) are appreciated. I, myself, see no flaws or shortcomings in this site. I'll even venture to state that I am grateful that I stumbled upon this place. I think either of you would be sorely missed.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Don't go Syl! How can I insult your strategies if you leave?
    And Sorcerer, this is the greatest forum I have ever been to.
    :D

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh, heh... The Wise, The Grey: If we lose Taluntain, we lose the site! :)

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Too true...But hopefully we won't lose Syl eother...That would suck!

Not a green smiley kinda post, but it's becoming tradition :D

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Losing anyone here would suck as each of us brings a unique presence to this site and for one of us to go no matter who, it will affect all of us in some way or another.

16. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I've been out of the loop for a while (I don't have Internet access at my house), but it seems to me that a lot of people are being morons. Offense meant. I mean, GROW UP!

Sorry if this one hurts Tal and Syl (or me in the end), but the I-did-more-work-than-you-did-so-suck-my-toe and the who-do-you-think-you-are routines are annoying.

On another note, suggestions are fine...but remember who does the work around here? If Tal wants to change stuff, he'll do it. If Syl wants to work on his free time, he'll do it.

I don't mean to widen the gaps here, but I needed to say it.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeow. I regret not being able to come to reply to this sooner.
    Anyway, Blackthorne was right at what he said. I was referring to the boards, of course. That's what the closed topic was about anyway.

And Syl, you know very well that I greatly appreciate what you did for the site. I never had anything but the best words regarding your walkthrough, since it really is the best one out there. I spent a lot of time on it and it's implementation too, and I don't do that for anything unless it's of supreme quality.
    But the fact that it's so good also pisses me off the most, because all others are finished, and yours is not. That's the only problem I have with it - or you for that matter.
    No hard feelings I hope.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Now you 2 shake hands and settle this little dispute here and now.

19. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Nah, I want to see a good old fashioned duel around here. You know, we could get some witnesses, a couple of swords,.... ;)

20. Taluntain

Media:
    I don't do swords. I'm a mage, remember?
    And I bet Grub would just hate me frying him with my awesome magic from safe distance. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.