1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Okay, so I was bored on a Sunday night...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] And I was wondering what the voice cast of Baldur's Gate has been up to since I've always loved the voices in these games.

As a was looking around the web, I found out that my favorite character, Viconia, was a singer named Grey DeLisle...So I googled her.

WHOA!!! She's even a hottie in real life!! Tak a look: Viconia

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yikes...she IS a hottie...

Wonder what Jaheira and Aerie were like! :D

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, she's pretty good looking.

My thoughts exactly. I had a list of all the BG2 voice actors at one point...but I lost it. IIRC Aerie's voice actor had an odd name...not that that helps. :rolling:

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, Aerie was voiced by Kath Soucie, well known for many other innocent and naive sounding characters (One heck of a resume). Jaheira was voiced by Heidi Shannon, whom has voiced other video game characters, but I was not able to find a picture.

For the rest, there is this:

David Warner .... Jon Irenicus
    Dee Bradley Baker .... Dawnbringer Sain/Nallabir
    Jim Cummings .... Minsc/Lord Jierdan Firkraag/Kahn
    Melissa Disney .... Imoen/Surayah
    Jeff Bennett .... Xan/Drizzt/Saemon Havarian
    Gregg Berger .... Simyaz/Isaea Roenal/Oisig
    Jim Meskimen .... Edwin Odesseiron
    Jennifer Hale .... Mazzy Fentan
    Cam Clarke .... Drizzt Do'Urden
    Grey DeLisle .... Nalia/Viconia/Bubbles/Raelis Shai
    Michael Gough .... Solaufein
    Wayne Grace .... Elhan
    Heidi Shannon .... Jaheira/Demin
    Amber Hood .... Dili/Lunishia
    James Horan .... Lord Logan Coprith/Grand Dule Belt/Kayl
    Roger Jackson .... Keldorn
    Charity James .... Phaere
    Nick Jamison .... Dradeel/Lord Rumar/Nevin/Nelleck/Captain Dennis
    Maurice LaMarche .... Yoshimo/Renal Bloodscalp/Chief Inspector Brega/Lloyd/Avatar Of Rillifane/Hendak
    Tress MacNeille .... Edwina/Senityilli/Lady Tiana
    John Mariano .... Tiax/Talon Yarryl/Naljier
    Jason Marsden .... Lilarcor (Magic Sword)/Lathan
    Alan Oppenheimer .... Guardian Telwyn/Sir Sarles/Mornmaster Thaddin Dawnhunter
    Jeff Osterhage .... Valygar Corthala
    Valerie Pappas .... Valen
    Rob Paulsen .... Anomen/Saerk/Biff The Understudy/Qadeel
    Diane Pershing .... Adalon
    Kevin Michael Richardson .... Sarevok/Gorgeig/Cohrvale
    Jack Roth .... Jan Jansen/Wanev/Carbos
    Dwight Schultz .... Mae'Var/Vithal/Villynaty
    Kath Soucie .... Aerie, Ellesime/Aphril
    B.J. Ward .... Faldorn/Bodhi/Lady Maria/Lady Delcia Caan
    Frank Welker .... Terminsel/Lord Cor Delryn/Avatar Of Amaunator/Ixilthetocal/Rakshasa/Kirinaldo
    Charles Adler .... Kalah/Teos/Rielev/Rejiak
    Michael Bell .... Haer'Dalis/Vittorio
    Jonathan David Cook .... TorGal/Lavok/Sassar
    Bill Farmer .... Garren Windspear/Demson/Dermin
    Bill Martin .... Korgan
    David Prince .... Aegisfield/Ribald
    Jane Singer .... Branwen/Matron Mother Ardulace/Lady Lilith Lurraxol
    John Vernon .... Goldander Blackenrock/Ployer
    Billy West .... Lehtinan/Lord Skarmaen/Higgold
    Michael Dorn .... Bhaal (voice) (uncredited)

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

One thing I always notice about voice actors, is that they all have one heck of a resume. Just use IMDB for Jim Cummings, Jennifer Hale, Rob Paulsen or Charles Adler (just to name a few who are on the list); they all have a long list of shows they lend their voice to.

edit: typos...

[ June 20, 2005, 13:53: Message edited by: Mesmero ]

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow she's cute :p . Tanks for the list Jag!

7. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Viconia is defintely my favourite character now. She is pretty hot.

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hum we all understand this now:

:D :D :D

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Reality check: that singer isn't 'Viconia' any more than Kath Soucie is 'Aerie.' ;)

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Let me spoil that image for you, Sir Bel... Grey DeLisle also does/did the voice for Emily Elizabeth in the Clifford cartoons, opposite John Ritter.

Fantasize on THAT, Big Guy, I dare ya... ;)

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Actually, I'm still digging her...Here's one from "Clifford"

She even did the voice for Daphne in the new Scoobie Doo cartoons...It's safe to say my fantasies of Grey DeLisle/Viconia/Daphne are in no danger. ;) :lol: :grin:

12. Iago Gems: 24/31

Yeah, she is really cute. Very cute. Even if tender and bittersweet country ballads aren't that Devir like, she could rock and sing you to sleep...

13. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Worf is Bhaal :eek:

It says at the bottom of the list, that Michael Dorn voiced Bhaal. He was Worf on Star Trek.

Bhaal has been dead for a while when BG1/BG2 starts. So, I am trying to remember, where in the game does Bhaal talk?

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    IIRC The dream sequences of BG2, and you hear him laughing evilish in the dying movie of BG1.

15. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, Grey DeLisle is really hot. :love:

But you know, I would have sworn that Michael Bell was Irenicus. It really sounds like him, especially his work as Raziel in Legacy of Kain.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yep, defintely hot ;)

17. nior Gems: 24/31

Who's the guy who always annoys me with the "You must gather your party before venturing forth."? ;)

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The guy who voiced Sarevok and Jolee Bindo (KotOR); Kevin Michael Richardson according to Jag.

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yep, there are a lot of the usual suspects there in terms of voice work - try IMDBing Frank Welker - he has more than 500 items listed - that guy has done more animal voicing than you could shake a stick at.

Oh, and as far as Irenicus and Bhaal are concerned - I don't know how you honestly could not recognize the voices if you had ever seen anything with either Warner or Dorn in it. Both have done a fair bit of voice acting but they belong to the "have a good sounding voice that would fit the character" school of voice acting instead of being someone who can make a voice that is appropriate for the character.

The one credit that I found surprising is Jason Marsden. I was floored back when I first saw the BG2 cast list. To this day, it is the only time that I can remember where I was not able to recognize Marsden's voice without seeing the credits. He has done quite a bit of voice acting and his voice is almost always the same and almost always IMHO very annoying. Usually when I watch something that he has done voice acting for, my instant reacting to hearing him is "Oh no - I can't believe they got Jason Marsden to voice #insert character name here#". The Lilarcor voice is a huge step better than what he normally does.

20. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Rob Paulsen (Anomen) and Jennifer Hale (Mazzy, and also Dynaheir, and FFG) are notable - Rob Paulsen has voiced a lot of characters in the past, including PS:T's Morte. Yeah, Morte...kind of a far reach from Anomen, eh? He's also voiced a lot of cartoons and whatnots.

Jennifer Hale, on the other hand, has voiced a LOT of video game characters. She's Jun'ko Zane in Freelancer, one of the spirits in Lionheart, and Bastila in KotOR. In fact, when I play games these days often I just say "Hey, that's Jennifer Hale" ...

Aerie's also voiced Oswald Fiddlebender (who is voiced by the guy who did Jan)'s neice, Maralie, and is thus also the chapter narrator.

The voice actor for Minsc also voices Tigger and sometimes Winnie the Pooh (now that's freaky). Incidentally, the voice actor for Haer'Dalis is surprisingly old, look up a picture.

Frank Welker voiced Abu from Aladdin and Ed the Hyena (the crazy laughing one) from the Lion King. You'd need to be talented to voice someone like Xzar, though.

I feel kind of lame for knowing all this off by heart, but there you go.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.