1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Old games!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Wassup, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Maybe we can continue this conversation here since the other topic was closed.

YES! I remember Sea Battle on intellivision.!!!

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I remember Sea Battle on Intellivision!!! I remember thinking it was one of the best games!! I had a chance to play it like 2 years ago, and I thought to myself: "This is not nearly as exciting as I thought it was when I was a pup."

It's amazing how much things have changed since Atari/Intellivisio, etc...Geez, Now I sound like I should be sitting in a rocking chair, starting off every sentence with:

"Back in my day....." :rolleyes:

3. Wassup Gems: 9/31

lol!! And i just think about the first game i played on pc. Police Quest I... Already like 10-12 years ago... I was a big fan of all these Quest games...

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] How about "So You Want To Be A Hero?" on the PC (later named Hero's Quest I)... That's the first time I used the name "Blackthorne The Abominable"... The three stooges fight scene was hilarious!

I had an Atari when I was young and later a ColecoVision, and the last console I bought was the Turbografix 16...

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    The last one I had was Sega Genesis...I only bought the Hockey Games for it though, and a game called Romance of the Three Kingdoms (China) - That was pretty fun too!

6. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Yeah! Hero's Quest! And remeber King Quest 3? (or 2) the one where you are prisonner of a mage, and you must acquire stuff to transform him into a cat?

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] And the game, Thexder! I had this on my first Tandy. I bought this in a special kit with Space Quest 2. Roger Wilco, space janitor!!!

[This message has been edited by Wassup (edited December 21, 2000).]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh yeah! Great stuff! How about the PC "Monkey Island" games? Absolutely the funniest adventure games I've ever played... Can't wait to play the one that's just been released! :)

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When I was a kid I never had any console games, I always had to go over to my spoiled rotten friends house. I thought Intellivision was the best at the time. Graphics and sprites were alot smoother (at least 8 dpi!) :rolleyes:

Didn't have much experience with Colecovision.

Anyone remember Utopia, Armour Battle, Road Racing? All classic intellivision games. Still liked sea battle the best. As mentioned earlier, I played sea battle last week, man did I get kicked. (I blame it on a faulty aim button :))

10. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I type to slow...
    The thread changes before my eyes.
    Anybody play any of the 'really old' ones?

Zork? The Bard's Tale?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I did... I'm a bit of a fan of the older games (collect them too).
    If you played all of the text Zorks, check out Zork Grand Inquisitor. It's so cool to be finally able to see all of the famous locations in graphic. Plus, all of the Zork jokes are still there...
    Go into a dark cave. . . You don't have a lamp. You should've remembered to bring one. . . AAAARGH!
    You were eaten by a Grue.

I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it (the death message displays in text interface, too). It was like, so deja vu, but in a cool way. :)

As far as fav old games go... I'm definitely a fan of old text-interface adventure games. Played practically all of them. Plus all of the adventures from Lucas Arts. Monkey Islands, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango... Some of the best games ever made, without doubt.

12. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Yeah! Return to Zork! First game i bought on CD! And Bard's tale!! So much hour spent on this game!!

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Zork II was the first game I ever played on a computer that my family owned - an Apple IIe! I played quite a few of those fantastic Infocom text adventures back in the day...

The Bard's Tale was the first game I hacked the character save file for (just for the heck of it)... Ah, the memories! :)

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ah yes! Zork Grand Inquisitor! Do you remember this: "Who is the boss of you? ME! I am the boss of you!" Cracked me up! The Grand Inquisitor standing up there like a Stalin or Hitler! :D

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    How about Board Games?

My favorites were:
    Axis & Allies
    Risk
    Stratego
    Chess
    Monopoly

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Played 'em all but Axis & Allies...

Used to piss of my friends at Risk; for some reason I was pretty lucky with the dice :)

Stratego is a great game - hiding the flag, surrounding it with bombs and 7's to combat the miners (8's) good stuff...

Monopoly is simply a classic; always love to play it - the more the merrier...

How about Life? That board game is always fun for a diversion...

17. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I haven't played a board game since I was a kid, except for Scrabble, which could be my favorite board game of all time. I still play that anytime I can.

As a lil pup, I also played Chutes & Ladders and Candyland, which always made me hungry (teeth marks all over my board). And Operation, Life, Battleship, and Connect Four (true, not all exactly "board games" per se).

But Chess rocks! I still play that one, too.

18. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I forgot about "LIFE" I played that and Battleship quite a lot as a pup.

Once I was 11 or 12 though, I got into D&D.

19. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Axis & Allies! That, is a great game! I still play today. I just have difficulties to find someone good enough to provide a little challenge. I try to play with my girl friend... what a disaster...

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My favorite board games would be Stratego and Scottland Yard.

The latter of the two, if no one has heard of it, is based on a map of London, England. 6 players max, 3 minimum. 5 players are detectives and 1 is a spy. Everyone picks out of a hat a number, which represents a location in London.

You can move through the city by taxi, bus or subway and each have a set amount of passes of either three. The spy though, doesn't reveal his location until his third move and then will show himself on the board where he is in london. All those trying to capture the spy must then work together to trap him so he can no longer move. All you know that the spy is doing is what he's using, a taxi pass, bus or subway and the spy has two passes that are blank, so you have no idea what type of travel he is doing.

One of my all time favorite games.

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.