1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shralp, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ok, so what games do you play over the Internet, either cooperatively or against other players?

I've confimed myself to Diablo, which I got out of when I saw all the jerks and hacks that were going on, and Asheron's Call.

But I'm looking at getting some FPSs to play online and/or to hook our X-box up to the Net and whup your lily ass.

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Unreal Tournament
    Quake III Arena
    Thats all

3. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I played tons of Team Fortress and Counter-Strike, both Half-Life mods. It amazes me that people are STILL playing Half-Life mods, despite the fact that HL is, what, 5 years old?

I also spent a lot of time playing Diablo II, but quit about a year ago, before the hackers and idiots started getting really bad. My cousin still plays and says it is terrible, so many items in the game are not legit that he won't trade with anyone at all.

Recently, I've been playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Now that's a cool FPS to play online! But if you are going to play, you NEED the patch, which adds an in-game browser to find games (why wasn't this in the original game?).
    Game types range from your standard deathmatch and team deathmatch, to objective matches where you pick a team and either have to accomplish a specific mission (usually blowing something up), or preventing the other team from accomplishing that mission. Some games are "realistic", meaning when you die you have to wait until the next round to come back, and some are not (you respawn). I usually picked the machine guns, and had trouble aiming until I started using rifles (just as deadly, but more accurate).

Remember the Omaha beach scene from the movie Saving Private Ryan? Imagine playing that online! Better yet, get MOH and actually play it online!

[ October 09, 2002, 18:25: Message edited by: Nutrimat ]

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Neverwinter Nights.

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Nothing really.. I tried for a while, but realized that I wasn't dedicated enough. If you want to play a game like CS online you'll need to practice a few hours a day for a month or more before you'll be able to hold your own.. up until that point you just get beat up, constantly. I don't play computer games enough to do that, though I really tried for a while.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Unreal Fortress (It's the best mod for Unreal Tournament out there)
    Jedi Knight 2
    Very occasionally Neverwinter Nights, but that just isn't as fun as an online FPS.

[ October 10, 2002, 01:09: Message edited by: Wildfire ]

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Right now, I'm playing NWN on the Dark Sun Online PW Server.

8. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm playing Battlefield 1942, Warcraft III, and Jedi Outcast.

Though midterms have left me with little time over the last couple of weeks.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've never multiplayed. Ever.

But, if I did, I'd probably be playing Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament, and Jedi Knight2.

10. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

currently just age of kings.

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Man, I played Unreal Tournament at MicroCenter the other day, and it sucked. It was so fast that you couldn't live for more than five minutes at a time. (And not just me, everyone I saw who gave it a shot.)

Basically it was like Quake II on speed.

12. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Tribes 2 teamworkteamworkteamwork
    America's Army surprisingly good
    Warcraft 3
    Nascar Racing 2002
    Renegade

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.