1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OOC Roleplay Corner Questions

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Crawl, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I thought it might be better just to open a new topic for questions about the ropleplaying thread as oposed to everying posting in OOC question in the thread.

Anyway, should we post something saying what our character looks like, or a stat sheet or something since we are using characters noone else is really familiar with?

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The usual form is to describe your character in your first post. Your class and alignment need not be obvious. Please e-mail your char sheet to erran@dial.pipex.com I would like to try and make this feel as much like NWN as possible.

3. ayecapitan Guest

I wish to participate.
    How do ye make a char sheet apart from manual txt creation?

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I had planned to just writting out a character sheet from the 3rd edition PHB and scanning it, then emailing it to Erran. I suppose you could also use the cd in the back of the PHB to create your character and print out the details, but I hacen't tried to print it yet. Incidently, that character generator is awsome. It's not totally acurate for whatever reason, but it's really good for the most part.

5. ayecapitan Guest

Ah, then the olde hand-typed way, I've no scanner is posession...
    The CG is rather good indeed, never had an idea to actually open that CD, but the program is nice; allows to do the paperwork much faster.

6. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

try this place to make your char then just cut and paste granted its pool of radiance but it uses 3e rules

http://www.rpgplanet.com/poolofradiance/features/chargen/index_ie.html

Me

Name: Xander Race: Half-Elf(Drow)
    Class: Druid Level: 1 Alignment: True Neutral
    Max HP: 4 Current HP: (HP determines how much damage a character can take before falling unconscious or dying)
    Base Speed: 30 feet / per round (Base Speed is your walking rate with zero encumbrance)
    Initiative Modifer: 0 (Initiative determines the order in which the character acts. It is most important for Rogues.)
    Melee Attack Bonus: 0 Ranged Attack Bonus: 0

Ability Scores
    Strength (Str): 9
    Dexterity (Dex): 10
    Constitution (Con): 10
    Intelligence (Int): 18
    Wisdom (Wis): 10
    Charisma (Chr): 10

Modifies
    Melee attacks; Damage caused (melee and thrown weapons only); Carrying capacity
    Ranged attacks; AC bonus; Reflex saving throws
    Hit Points (HP); Fortitude (Fort) saving throws
    Skill Points
    Will saving throws; Cleric, Paladin and Ranger spells
    Turn Undead checks; Sorcerer spells

Saving Throw Bonuses [non-Racial]
    Fortitude (Fort): 0
    Resists physical effects including polymorph and poison

Reflex (Refl): 0
    Resists effects which can be dodged such as Fireballs and Lightning Bolts

Will (Will): +2
    Resists mental influence/control effects such as Charm and Dominate Person

Feats
    Toughness

Skills
    Search
    Heal
    Spot
    Listen
    Starting Equipment
    Shortspear
    Light Crossbow

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited June 30, 2001).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

You can attach the raw '.cg3' file to your e-mail. My char gen can read that and print it out. Easy - peasy!

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Hey now that's cool. I didn't even think about that. Better get to crackin' then.

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] We are trying to achieve something here that feels like a new game of NWN, within the constraints of the format. Playing with real people and a live DM is different than CRPGs. One important thing is game balance or a level playing field. No 'uber' characters - thats why EVERYONE starts with 32pts and 120gp. Starting equpment should be bought out of this at PHB prices. I am operating an 'honesty' system so I trust eg Knomal will deduct 30gp from his cash for the pin he bought.
    Special items (scrolls, potions etc) may be bought at Optyms Blade (see first post) at DMG prices.
    Xander, the only equipment you list is xbow and spear, no mention of any scrolls. If you wish to purchase high level scrolls you may be shocked at the price. No-one has inherited any high level stuff from their grandparents etc. If anybody wishes to cast a spell from whatever please announce that, I will tell you if you succeed. Using a scroll above your level can go (very) wrong.

Who lives where (East coast/ west coast/ europe)? I'll try and get a live session going if the action hots up and we can find a time slot that works for everyone.

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Erran, what's your mail? it's not in your profile.

I'm in europe +1 Greenwich time

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Currently residing in Louisiana, Central US time. So it's now 1:35 pm where I live.

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Ok, I'm in the UK. My e-mail is erran@sorcerers.net, my ICQ is 111459748. Central US is a trickey one, do you prefer early (I think your 6pm is my midnight) or late (your midnight is my 6am)?

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Wow that is kinda tricky isn't it. Hmmm....well I'm usually home from work by 11:00 in the evening, so late night could work. I'm also home in the afternoon from 2-4 pm almost every day, and I have Sunday evenings and all day Mondays off for now (could change soon to all day Sunday off and having the weeknights off Mon-Thurs). But please note I will be out of town this Sunday and Monday on bussiness.

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Can I change my character sheet, I've decided that an artisan's outfit fits my initial description better than a scholar's outfit. I'm usually online sometime between 6pm and 8pm GMT, although weekends are different, and I go on when I feel like.

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

man this is kinda tricky, I'm in Florida, Eastern Time zone, but I'm not on at any particular time.

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I have vacation at the moment, so I can go online any time of day. Though from tomorrow and a week forward, I'll be offline, but then I assume I'm available after that :)

17. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hahah, ok I admit, I'm confused.

I was trying to find a good time to hop into the game, but I feel that things have gone wrong...

I made an attempt to appear during the morning meeting, and was more or less ignored, which is ok, but then the whole group evidently moved to another location!

I didn't catch this at first - my bad - and I tried another post, which did get replied to (thanks Ironbeard! :)) So I'm trying to figure out:
    a.) if its assumed my character followed the whole group along
    b.) if Xander is assumed to have followed the whole group along
    c.) is the reply I got from Jakob from within the Inn or "the dark stag"

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, just as a side note.. Ironbeard you referred to Crawl's character 'Xalen' as Crawl, heh, maybe you should edit that.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Thanks for that. Man, I'm new to ths roleplay business :). I assumed that you'd followed the bulk of the group to the herald's.

19. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ironbeard, I used to play D&D all the time when I was kid (bunch of other rpgs as well) and we used to accidently refer to each other's characters as they're real names all the time. Hahah, it happens alot. I used to DM and do that... :o

hmm, it appears Jakob had a busy night, ok so now we're at the trading coster? the herald's or the Inn? Arg! How do I insert myself into this... (bummer i missed the chat relay.. damn)

Suggestions are welcome! I'm going to read back over alot of it, to get caught up, and assume my boy Pimm has been educated as to what is going on...

20. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Erran, I know this isn't really relevant right now, and probably won't be for a long while, but...from what sources can we get material for our characters. Are we limited to the classes and feats/spells/skills in the PHB only, or can we uses suppliment material like, oh say, Tome and Blood, Sword and Fist, Forgotten Realms, etc. to uses when picking spells, feats, or perhaps later down the line, prestige classes. Is anything open, or would we have to clear it with you beforehand(like we wouldn't have the time anyway..heh ;)). Just wondering for future reference.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.