1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oriental Adventuring

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Apr 24, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Why Daie it's just slightly different setting you play your characters well in other RP's. It's still much the same classes with new names and honour involved.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Mauro has kindly created my female human ninja character so all I need to do is find a name for her and post her. She is level 5.

3. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Hm, what are the classes available, barring those from Rokugan?

And can I RP as two characters^^ ?

4. DarkStrider

I'm working on it Faye, and certainly as many as you like.

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    We post our characters here right?...do we put up stats/feats/skills ect, or just a bit about them?

I'll edit this post when I get an answer :)

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

After a kind PM from DS, I think I will join you all in this. It should be good fun. After I've read up a bit on the setting and created a character, I'll post again. :thumb:

7. DarkStrider

For those who want characters to roll try this generator

I will be posting a character thread soon for people to post theirs in.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, are we specifying humans only? What about Spirits?
    And what max level?

9. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    @ Daie, I think Darkstrider is pretty open for races other than Human:

"Spirits" Are you talking about Spirit Folk or the spirits that are venerated and grant shamans their spell?

10. Daie d'Malkin

I was just talking, I didn't have anything definite in mind. I haven;t got the sourcebook, and my knowledge of those cultures comes from movies, manga and games.

11. DarkStrider

There are 3 spirit-folk to play Daie, Bamboo, River or Sea. Most starters will be 5 and we may end up with epic levels if it goes that far. There are also 2 barbarian races horse-riding raiders (essentially the Mongols) and sea-faring raiders (the Vikings).

12. Daie d'Malkin

Meh, it won't let me use a neutral good samurai.

13. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    My character will need to be at least lvl 8 (Ftr6/WuJ2 or Ftr7/WuJ1) to even qualify for the Blade Dancer prestige class, is this a problem?

Prerequisites: BAB +7, 12 ranks in jump and tumble and ability to cast divine or arcane spells

Though I do suspect that a lvl 7 ranger technically could qualify with his spellcasting..

EDIT: Seems lvl 9 is needed to aquire 12 ranks in jump and tumble..

14. DarkStrider

Daie the japanese empire won't it's bound by Bushido, but if you were chinese or korean? If you are going to be a Samurai or other empire equivalent pm about levels etc.

theGodless I was going to limit starting characters to a max of 7 unless you are going to solo in the RP. PM me and we'll discuss it.

15. Daie d'Malkin

DS, that generator was great. Thanks!

Are we going to see a PC thread soon? I've got a character ready.

16. DarkStrider

Please note the name of the RP is "Dragons of Heaven and Earth" and I have posted an 'Out Of Character' thread to begin with. More to follow as described in the OOC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.