1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oswald Fiddlebender's Ship

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Spellbound, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

We have been sleeping for 2 weeks, waiting for Mr. Fiddlebender to get his act in gear. :flaming: How long does it take for his damn ship to be repaired? All items were placed on the table and you could see the spell kick off....but that's been it.....we've been waiting and waiting ever since. Have I missed something? (Please, don't anyone say "the boat".) :heh:

[ September 11, 2002, 11:33: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well...So much for my funny answer...

I haven't collected everything to repair it yet, so I am just guessing...Have you talked to him since the spell was cast? Maybe you need to initiate the takeoff. Just a thought.

3. FistindantilusGamgee Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i think i camped for approx a month before i tried talking to him again, AND thats when he decided to enlighten me, once you have his reply and think that you have done what he told you make sure to look in the north east...hehe hope i didnt spoil anything to horribly...best of luck and good huntin'. :D

4. Spellbound

Bel -- Yea...I've asked and asked....and I'm ready to stuff a sock in his mouth...if I hear him say one more time... "My mending spell takes a stretch of time to complete".....blah, blah, blah! I'm up to 3 weeks now and still waiting -- I'll sleep another week and see if that does it.

Fist -- I think I've covered all of the map...there's no areas left to check out. You mentioned the northeast? The only thing I found up there was the 2 level cave/village that I cleaned out. Didn't see anything else.

5. FistindantilusGamgee Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] ok, i am assuming that you placed all the items on the table that were listed in the 'oswald fiddlebenders spellbook' and once you did that there was a poofing noise a flash of light and all the items went away. once you talk to him after that he says its working he can feel it down to his toes and all that happiness. from that point how i got out of there was after camping for a few days i decided to go and wander around outside see if i could find something to kill. well as soon as i went to leave a huge bit of onscreen graphic came up over fiddlebender and it basically said "hey why dont you try and take a different route thru the mountians and i'll meet ya when me ballon boat is fixed" after glarimg at the computer screen for a minute i realized i shoulda seen that comin...any way, it autosaved on me at that junction, and stated that i hads gone into chapter2 thats when ya go back up to the village where ye slaughtered all the naughty druids and rangers and there is a tiny, and mean tiny little area where ya will find the animationed wheel indicating ya can leave, hoped this helps and that i didnt spoil it to much for ye. good luck. :eek:

6. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Basically, you don't leave on the airship. You move on through the Ice Castle. You had to repair his ship at some point because it is essential later in the game but for the moment you need to plough through the Ice Castle and get the glacier melted.

7. Spellbound

How interesting.... Once the outside area was cleared and I came back in with Oswald's spell supplies, I never attempted to leave the ship again -- just rested for all those weeks inside, so I never got Oswald's alternate message. Thanks very much for the info!...on my way to the Ice Palace. :grin:

[ September 11, 2002, 05:40: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Same happened to me yesterday. Oh well, I just lost a week or so due to resting though :shake: And anyway, I put the time to good use and aquired four nice sets of armor ;) a pity I was so stupid only to choose two full plates instead of three :(

[ September 11, 2002, 07:47: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.