1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Other AD&D worlds into games?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Asmodeus, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hé, we all know the games set in the beautifull Forgotten Realms and/or strange Planescape. I´m still secretively hoping for a game set in other worlds. (Dragonlance, Mystara, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Dragonfist, Ravenloft, Birthright and the like)
    Being a fanatic Ravenloft and Call of Cthulhu (not TSR) player, I would like a Baldur´s Gate kinda game set in the mists of Ravenloft. Am I the only one still hoping for other worlds ?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well at least the most promising RPG, Neverwinter Nights will be in Forgotten Realm, there are no other planes etc included... maybe in an expansion but I don't think so. I don't think they make games at this moment for one of these worlds....

Doesn't interest me much too.... except for one... Middle Earth. And I know there will come a game that takes plays in ME.... not the one by EA....

3. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, Baldur's Gate has a miniature version of the giant space hamsters found in Spelljammer :p

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The Forgotten Relms gets to much attention I think. Their needs to more games that has to do with the planes. Their are a lot of great ideas yet to be writen about that.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why does it het so much attention? I suppose for it's Geographicly and also one of the most detailed Fantasy Worlds that has also a large history. And Forgotten Realms is rather normal, where some other worlds are more planes then worlds with much stranger monsters etc. And third, D&D and Forgotten Realms are one... they cannot be seperated, that's why almost all D&D-games (BG, BG2, NWN) take place in the D&D-world, Forgotten Realms.

When you want another world get more attention, try to name a world that is for developpers very interesting... like FR.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I would love to see a Dragonlance game, provided that they could unchain it from the main plot of the books. I'm not a huge fan of walking through a game, knowing exactly what will happen .... However, there are plenty of un-told stories in Krynn (sp?) that could be told.

Also, I would like a game set in the Thieves World world. There are some great NPC's in those books, and the plot options are limitless.

7. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I got used to Forgotten Realms, and it's probably the best setting, though it would be interesting to see one in Dragonlance.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I actually hope that d&d (all editions) rots already.

9. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Extremist, your love towards (A)D&D knows no bounds, huh? How come?

Anyway, I don't know much about the worlds, because I never bought any of the setting-books, I only have the Player's Handbook. But, judging from what I have seen so far, I'd say I would love to see a Ravenloft game...A sequel to Torment would be nice too, and my third wish would be a Dragonlance game...
    Now I'll go and rub my magic lamp...:hahaerr:

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd personally like to see a whole new world altogether. A fresh take, where no one knows what to expect. The Dragonlance series were good stories, and I played a lot in the FR when I was younger. Some of the others (Birthright for one) came and went during my 10/12 year hiatus from D&D. And whenever I hear Ravenloft, I can only think of that one, original 1st Ed. module. But something *new* would be really nice :)

[This message has been edited by Gnolyn Lochbreaker (edited February 22, 2002).]

11. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Have to agree with the Dragonlance CRPG. I mean made with more modern technology then the ones that have been made in the past. Nothing better then riding a dragon in a great rpg! :grin:

Guaranteed I will be the first to buy it when its released. :rolling: :hippy:

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited February 22, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited February 22, 2002).]

12. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm hoping and wishing for a Dragonlance game too, but, I'm sure they'll cheez it up somehow, like put it in that weird new age or something.

I wonder who we could pester into making a Dragonlance game? Whose boards could I spam up with my requests? I wonder if bigshot game creators look at this board for inspiration, to see what "the people" want.

13. sorvo Guest

How about a "World of Greyhawk" campaign for the Old-Timers:D

14. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh, yes, Greyhawk :), completely forgotten about that one... Would be nice though.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'd love a DL CRPG, no matter if it follows the books or an untold story. After all, DL is what got me hooked on fantasy.
    Just as long as the rules are (A)D&D, not that annoying Saga system.... Saga is way too complicated to my tastes.

Ara
    (Great, the Wesley-wannabe Osych teacher now teaches Philosophy... Ugh)

16. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] FR is the munchkinland of D&D. I wouldn't mind one bit if ceased to exist. My vote goes to Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Greyhawk, Kalamar or Karyst :D

17. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Invoker - you are too kind :happy:

/me tries to look all humble

18. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Ravenloft would be "un-true" to its vision.

How can you create horror on a computer?

My vote would be a SpellJammer 3E campaign.

19. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I would love to see a Greyhawk game, would be quite interesting, I remember all the old 1st ed. adventures there. After Greyhawk, probably Ravenloft, though it would be hard to reproduce the horror of it all, but who knows? Frankly, I never did like the world of Krynn, I like it as much as Invoker likes the FR. And I do enjoy the realms, as long as I stay away from the uber-NPCs, it is actually a fun place to adventure in, and the computer games have been fairly enjoyable so far.

20. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Krynn was nice.
    Ever played "Champions of Krynn", " dark queen of Krynn" and "death knights of Krynn")?
    I liked the story.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.