1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Paladin-positive game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Jun 10, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No matter what kind etc, some game with paladins. They don't have to be called 'paladins', but good-doing fighters don't really count.

I know of:

IE games (BG saga, IWD saga etc)
    NWN
    Pool of Radience (I don't know anything else than that it's d&d 3, so it should include pallies)
    Might and Magic 6, 7 and 9
    Heroes of Might and Magic, sort of

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    * administers 'Paladin methadone' to chevalier *

You need help my friend. Remember, the first step to getting better is to admit that you have a problem. Just repeat after me...you can do it..."Hello, my name is chevalier, and I'm a Paladin-aholic."

* support group, in unison * "Hi chevalier." :wave:

Now that that's out of the way...

There's Diablo 2, but that may not fit your criteria. Are you looking for D&D similar-rules only?

3. chevalier

Media:
    Anything goes. Well, maybe not Diablo, but still ;)

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Is Jedi close enough to paladin?

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't forget the Ultima games (all 600 of them). Also there's Bard's Tale, Eye of the Beholder, and a few other old school games.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Strangly enough, the Dragonlance D&D games (Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn) don't have paladins... instead they have knights of the crown/sword/rose. They are fighters that gain cleric spells at high levels, more than a paladin would have. No innate lay on hands or turn undead though. But they must be lawful good, and are depicted throughout the series as good-doers.

[EDIT] In a more familiar context, recall those knights in the Planar Sphere in BG2. They are knights of Somalia, and one said he is a knight of the sword. The Krynn series are based on the good deeds of these knights, and your PC can choose the knight class in the character creation. [/EDIT]

[ June 16, 2003, 22:20: Message edited by: Blog ]

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A game called Majesty. There are palladins inthe game, although they all appear to be women... i guess men aren't good-aligned enough to be palladins :rolleyes:

8. chevalier

Media:
    Hehe, it was somehow morbid, you know. Women paladins running all around with biiiig two-handed swords. But they hit nicely....

9. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What about the Paladins in WarCraft lll. You can't forget them or they will draw down theire holy might and smite you :D

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Paladins in Warcraft 3 are simply gimps hanging onto the coattails of the Archmage or Mountain King.

How about Grand Theft Auto 3 or Vice City? Paladin-enough for you? You get to shoot and kill anyone, especially those police fools (treat them like paladins).

It's certainly a positive thing for the world to kill paladins. And it defintely is positive for the paladin too, releasing them from their bonds of stupidity.

11. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hehe, that they do, that they do chev :D

Shura: Your scaring me dude :mommy: :rolleyes:

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A REALLY cool game I can recommend:

"Trials and Chivalry"

It's a brilliant game, you play a single character and must first pass trials to become a class of your choice (IIRC, classes are - Paladin, Knight, Archer, Cavalier) You must pass tests to become your class and then the story is a bit like BG/IWD...

Someone is taken by this evil dude and by travelling around to find and defeat the foe you have to discover if the righteous path is for you. If your character decides the life of law and good is not for them and the dark side offers more they can become Fallen Paladins, Black Knights, Archers (ta-da!) or Knights of Blood Justice (Cavalier evil counterpart)

there are mounts, spells, and cool stuff like that. You can choose your person, their stats, past and appearence. One good game, though I haven't got it anymore - went missing when we moved house. And I've not seen it since :sosad:

13. chevalier

Media:
    Thank you, thank you all. I do appreciate your input... More, please, more... More.....

Chevalier makes save from possession. :D

14. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

in gothic 2 you can play as a paladin, but i don't know if you like gothic (you need to strike, block etc. with your keyboard), or if your pc is fast enough.

15. chevalier

Media:
    Celeron 800, 384 MB RAM, Riva TNT2 M64 32 MB. Bronze age, hehe.

Blocking and cutting with keyboard isn't bad if it's like in Die by the Sword, but I don't really enjoy the Quake type of games :)

16. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Gothic sucks!
    My brother bought it. I never played it and never will. Never liked these kind of games.

Nox, maybe? Dunno.

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    How 'bout Command and Conquer Generals, there are Paladins in that game

18. chevalier

Media:
    How so?

Anyway, I'll probably have to try that. I was very fond of C&C games once...

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    :offtopic:

*note to self, never put Shura and Chev into the same room*

it's Knights of Solamnia, not Somalia :p

20. chevalier

Media:
    Wasn't it Knights of Insomnia? :lol: ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.